The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS on Prepar3d V5

Dear Pete, 

I use FSUIPC and WIDEFS since the very beginning and I really enjoy it.

I have two PC's on is the "Server" which run the P3D and the other is the "Client" which runs the widefs and many other peripheral programs which are based on FSUIPC. 

Lately I installed P3Dv5 and I also upgraded FSUIPC to the latest one and for now I have both P3Dv4 and P3Dv5. I also dowloaded the latest version of widefs on the client computer.

On the server, P3Dv4 run on C while P3DV5 run on H 

If I run P3Dv4, widefs connects with no problem while if I run P3Dv5 widefs does not connect and attached you can find the log. 

Any help?

Spyros 

WideClient.ini WideClient.log

Edited by Spyros

There's no difference whatever in WideFS between P3D4 and P3D5. 

In the WideClient INI you posted you have specified the IP address, bit not the Protocol to be used. If you specify one you must specify the other (as documented).

Try adding "Protocol=TCP" after "ServerIPAdress=192.168.1.5" in the INI.

Pete

26 minutes ago, Spyros said:

There must be something else which I miss. Do i need to do something on the server computer and in more detail in P3Dv5 except of installing and registering the fsuipc and widefs?

No, everything for WideFS is identical on both P3D4 and P3D5. 

Did you install FSUIPC6 for common use between both P3D4 and P3D5, or did you install separately?

28 minutes ago, Spyros said:

Those are installed on my documends V5 add ons 

Ah, so you didn't use a common install? For instance, when I installed I selected both P3D4 and P3D5, specifying a special folder I'd previously created just called "FSUIPC6" (so i could find it easily).

You sent your WideClient files again, but you've not sent anything from the Server -- the FSUIPC6.LOG and wideServer.Log are also relevant, detailing what happens in the Server.

Is the WideClient.INI you've been sending the same one used on your client when you run P3d4? If not, why not?

I can't really advice further till you show the server end.  Also comparing all these files with what you get for P3D4 would be informative because, as I say, there's really been no change in WideFs itself.

Pete

2 hours ago, Spyros said:

I uninstalled everything and I installed for both V4 and V5. Now widefs does not connect to any of the two versions.

Oh dear. I wish you had waited until I could see what the difference was. now we have no comparison to make! 😞

2 hours ago, Spyros said:

Attached are the v4 logs and in another post I will upload v5 

If they are both from your non-working setup, why bother posting both sets?

When you did the re-installation, surely you copied over your working files from your working setup?

I think you must have some firewall blocking the connection. The WideClient complains:

Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10060] Connection timed out

whilst the Server (for P3Dv4) says:

16000 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs
17219 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=17064) TCP
17250 Restarting service due to zero reception!
17265 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=17256) TCP
99406 Closing down now ...

But the P3Dv5 one, which you only allowed to run for a few seconds before closing, says just

16016 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs
40938 Closing down now ...

Now maybe it would have said something else if allowed to run longer, But probably not. I would guess the P3Dv5 is completely blocked by firewall whilst something possibly lesser is happening on P3Dv4. It might be very difficult to find out exactly why there's a difference now that you've not got that original working installation for us to do a comparison against.

I think that it may well be that you have both the Windows Win10 FireWall active and also another service from a different program, maybe anti-virus, and they are blocking the accesses for different reasons between the two programs, P3Dv4 and P3Dv5. If you can (temporarily as a test) try without whatever you have got enabled  you would quickly know. Then it would be a matter of getting permissions granted.

There are really no alternative explanations I can think of.

Pete

3 minutes ago, Spyros said:

The only change I did was to run widefs on the client computer as administrator 

That would make no different that I know, unless your client FSUIPC applications are being run as administrator.

5 minutes ago, Spyros said:

What the logs says ?

Nothing useful. Why supply the FSUIPC logs? You haven't supplied the WideClient logs for comparison! Those are the most important! It's the clients not getting the response they need -- it is the clients that are being blocked

Pete

SOLVED!!!!!!

Thank for your help, I had to allow public connection on the firewall. P3Dv4 was ok but P3Dv5 was blocked!!!!!!

"it is the clients that are being blocked" this comment was the trigger

Keep helping us 🙂

S.

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2020 at 8:11 PM, Pete Dowson said:

Happy flying!

Pete

Hi Pete!

I am going to buy WideFS. Do I understand its purpose correctly? I want to save the resources of the main computer for P3Dv5. I will buy a second computer (not very powerful with a simple graphics card and processor) and buy two more small monitors for it. I will send to these monitors FMS, Navigraph Charts, PRO-ATC-X, ActiveSky, MSI Afterburner , Coogle Chrome etc.

All windows will be in front of my eyes and the main computer will only deal with P3Dv5. And more ... I am not a programmer, will I cope with the designated task?

If everything is correct, then should I buy version 7?

1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

I am going to buy WideFS. Do I understand its purpose correctly? I want to save the resources of the main computer for P3Dv5. I will buy a second computer (not very powerful with a simple graphics card and processor) and buy two more small monitors for it. I will send to these monitors FMS, Navigraph Charts, PRO-ATC-X, ActiveSky, MSI Afterburner , Coogle Chrome etc.

WideFS is onlt an extension of the FSUIPC application interface to client PCs on a Network.  Of the programs you list only ProATC/X is an FSUIPC client application.

In fact some of those you list aren't even interfacing to P3D in any case: MSI Afterburner and Google Chrome for instance.

I think Navigraph charts can link to P3D, but it provides it's own interface.

"FMS" is a general term for any aircraft's Flight Management System. it isn't a specific program.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

WideFS is onlt an extension of the FSUIPC application interface to client PCs on a Network.  Of the programs you list only ProATC/X is an FSUIPC client application.

In fact some of those you list aren't even interfacing to P3D in any case: MSI Afterburner and Google Chrome for instance.

I think Navigraph charts can link to P3D, but it provides it's own interface.

"FMS" is a general term for any aircraft's Flight Management System. it isn't a specific program.

Pete

Clear. Navigraph determines the location of the aircraft on the diagrams and shows where I am moving. FMS ... I put it wrong, sorry. I am using AVIASERVER. But my biggest desire is to bring the MCP to a separate monitor. Since the plane is constantly shaking and getting into the right switch is not easy)) And you need to look away.