The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC6 Mouse macro

Pete, John,

I've used FSUIPC for years and I'm in the process of updating my home cockpit.  About 200 switches and buttons were previously set up with mouse macros from the original 2d panels, using P3D3 with FeelThere Ejets v2 and FSUIPC4.  I have now moved to P3D 4.5 HF3 and  FSUIPC 6.05  and Ejets v3. 

Previously the mousetrapped functions were added to the Buttons and Switches list of selectable functions allowing direct binding to a button or switch.  This is no longer happening.

I get workable mouse macros, with the later P3D notation  (RX 40000083, 2 etc) but I notice the processing by FSUIPC has changed. The functions only get added to the list for keyboard controls, which is very limiting.  Is this by design, or am I missing something, because the manual suggests they should appear as additions to both lists.

1 hour ago, Biggles2010 said:

Previously the mousetrapped functions were added to the Buttons and Switches list of selectable functions allowing direct binding to a button or switch.  This is no longer happening.

They are just macros, like any other, and will appear in all the assignments drop downs in the form "filename:macroname".

1 hour ago, Biggles2010 said:

I notice the processing by FSUIPC has changed. The functions only get added to the list for keyboard controls, which is very limiting.

They do appear in all three lists -- Axes, Buttons and Keys.  Please check again, you must be missing them.

Hint: you can move quickly to about the right place in the dropdown by starting off the drop down then typing the first few chanracters in the name -- in this case the name you gave for the macro file.

Otherwise, please show me your FSUIPC6.INI file?

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for your late night response. Don't you ever sleep?

I set up some more test macros this morning and everything is now working as it should be.  I'm pretty familiar with mouse macros in previous versions so I'm not sure what was happening yesterday, but it must have been finger trouble on my part. Anyway, problem resolved and thanks again.

John B.