The simFlight Network Forums

E195 V3 Panel Button Textures Not Working

Adam_Mids_UK

Hello All

I am finding that my button textures don't all seem to be working correctly depending on the button state on the overhead panel in the E195 V3. I am running P3Dv4.5 on Windows 10 with a high end PC.

As examples I have taken the following images from my sim:

1. APU Gen Button looks fine when 'in':

normal.png

2. APU Buttonis glitched / incorrect loading of textures when in 'out' state - same thing is happening with other buttons on the overhead - e.g. windhshield heat buttons:

glitched.png

3. MCP button lights don't illuminate - by this I mean the white/green rectangular lights above the VNAV, ALT, FPA, A/T, etc. buttons (not the back-lighting which I understand is inop). you can see on the FMA that AP is armed and NAV for example... but no lights to indicate this on the MCP?

APButtons.png

I notice the following posts have the same issue:

Any suggestions for cause or fix would be most appreciated!

Thanks

Adam

Edited by Adam_Mids_UK

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't tried uninstalling or reinstalling yet as reloading the aircraft seems to fix the issue, so I believe everything has installed correctly to the correct locations. I did run the installer as Admin originally.

I installed outside of my P3D folder in my Addons Folder though and notice that some of the fallback lines in the texture.cfg file point to locations within the P3D folder structure BUT only IF the install was made to the P3D directories. The lines I refer to are:

fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

When installed to the addons folder, these two lines do not point to any existing folder. I'm not sure if the textures used from these folders are related to button textures as individual files aren't specified in the fallback lines. However, with some experimenting I have discovered that reloading the aircraft via the Vehicle > Select menu seems to fix the issue, so don't think this is affecting the issue.

Reloading the aircraft is a little frustrating, but a plausible work around.

Cheers

Adam

On 5/1/2020 at 1:31 PM, Adam_Mids_UK said:

3. MCP button lights don't illuminate - by this I mean the white/green rectangular lights above the VNAV, ALT, FPA, A/T, etc. buttons (not the back-lighting which I understand is inop). you can see on the FMA that AP is armed and NAV for example... but no lights to indicate this on the MCP?

APButtons.png

Hello!

As scoobflight said, there are no lights in the Guidance Panel (or, as Boeing calls it, the MCP).

Just as a curiosity:

I have been told that (the legend says) that initially those "slots" above the buttons were lights indeed, but during the certification process the regulator decided it was better to remove it (just by canceling its function, thus avoiding to redesign the panel) to force pilots to look at the FMA (Flight Mode Annunciator) in the PFD. I don't know if this is true, though.

But, if that is true, my personal theory of why they did that is the following: I think they decided to do this because each button corresponds to different autopilot modes. For example, by pressing NAV you can get LNAV, LOC o BC modes (no VOR mode to follow a radial in this aircraft!). By using APP you can activate LOC/GS or LOC/GP. Or by pressing VNAV, you might be changing between FLCH or VFLCH ("green" vs "magenta" modes). Therefore, the information given by a single light over the button could be misleading: you could think you activated one mode but something else might have been activated. On the contrary, in the 737 this is not a possibility because (if I'm not wrong, I'm not really familiar with the 737) in that aircraft each button (with its light) can only activate a single autopilot mode. But...., I don't know..., that's just me thinking about it while bored during a long cruise... 

In the E2 models they removed those "lights" completely (no useless slots anymore).

Best regards,

Marcos.

Edited by Winglet