The simFlight Network Forums

ERJ FSX steam - throttle and simbrief

Lack

when I am ready to roll for takeoff I hit the toga button. and then at like 500 ft I hit the speed hold switch. at 3000 ft I set the thrust to climb. and at crz altitude I set it to crz. then the aircraft starts overspending and I am unable to physically throttle back. it just doesn't happen. when I move it back it snaps right back into the crz position. any help would be appreciated. one more thing where do I extract the simbrief flight plan for the erj?

--

Mods edit subject line to reflect the questions.

No I am talking about the ERJ. What I said is what i do during the flight. but then if i overspeed i am not able to throttle back. even with the mouse. when i try to throttle back the throttle snaps right back to where it was before(eg. if i set the thrust rating to crz and i am overspeeding i try to throttle back but it does not let me)

Make sure you don't have a conflicting throttle controller assignment within the game.  There is no logic programmed within the ERJ135/145/XRJ simulation that controls the throttles.  The only thing the panel does is provide display advisory messages and put limits on max thrust (aka FADEC).

As stated in the manual -

Take-off Go-Around (TOGA) Clickspot
[o]n the glareshield's flight guidance control sub-panel clicking the upper left screw activates the take -off and go-around pitch settings on the PFD; and virtual co-pilot callouts: thrust set, 
V1, VR, V2, and gear-up. For the v-speed callouts to be vocalized speeds must be set on the MFD (see MFD description in the Using The Avionic Systems section of this manual).

There are also excellent tutorials on YouTube.

9 hours ago, Lack said:

flightplan extractions?

In the directory ...\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\FeelThere, create a sub folder named "CustomDB"

SimBrief flight plan file saved in feelThere's format go inside this CustomDB folder. 

Start P3D only after doing the steps above.

On the MCDU FLT PLAN page select FPL LIST.  Find the flight plan and select it, copy the file name and then go to FPL SEL. Paste the filename into FLT PLAN (1st left selection key) and activate it.

ok.....but i dont have the feelthere erj for p3d only for fsx steam atm. I wanted to know where to extract flightplans for the steam edition of the erj. I want to know where i can extract the file so that the fms can load it.

8 hours ago, Lack said:

the downloaded route will show up right?

If the format is correct, doesn't include a a SID or STAR and the AIRAC used to create the file matches the MCDU AIRAC.

There are YouTube videos showing feelThere's MCDU function.