The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Hardware Support

I was out in Sacramento and had a chance to visit the PFC headquarters in order to exchange a NIC card in person- I looked at the Cirrus II and C2 Pro consoles, but was firmly told that they do not support P3Dv5... however I see there are FSUIPC dll's which actually make this possible. Before I think of shelling out $$... can these desktop consoles be made compatible with P3D? 

1 hour ago, bjratchf said:

I looked at the Cirrus II and C2 Pro consoles, but was firmly told that they do not support P3Dv5... however I see there are FSUIPC dll's which actually make this possible. Before I think of shelling out $$... can these desktop consoles be made compatible with P3D? 

Well, there certainly must be users now using them with P3Dv5. The driver i made originally for FSX and converted over to P3D4 also works in P3D5, alongside FSUIPC.

What I think PFC will mean is they don't support such use, so you are pretty much on your own. i might be able to help a little, with the software, but I've not had such hardware in my hands for many years. I do have some PFC HID devices in my PFC cockpit (which is otherwise mostly older style COM serial port gear), so I have a vested interest in maintaining the driver, but that doesn't qualify me to answer every question and certainly not things more hardware oriented.

So, I'd be most hesitant advising you to buy one solely for use with P3D. it would be different if you were also planning to use it with it's currently intended platform, but it's a big investment.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

Yeah... I currently have been using their Cirrus Yoke and separate throttle quadrant console which natively are recognized in P3Dv5 as USB devices, alongside FSUIPC for some years now. My goal was to eventually upgrade to what would be a BATD device (with requisite FAA approval) that could work alongside the P3Dv5/xplane visuals. Their lowest level console looks like it could offer that as well as still remain generic enough to support a varying number of aircraft types.