The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc problem and target script

Hello
sorry for my English
when I launch a target script in p3d v5 which gives me thrustmaster combined I can no longer define keys in fsuipc 6 in the "buttons & switches" section
Thank you in advance for your answers
cordially

1 hour ago, target11 said:

when I launch a target script in p3d v5 which gives me thrustmaster combined I can no longer define keys in fsuipc 6 in the "buttons & switches" section

Sorry, I've no idea what a "target script" is, nor what "thrustmaster combined" is, but my guess is that it's some program or driver which takes control of your device and therefore stops FSUIPC seeing it.

This may be a question for the Thrustmaster forum.

Pete

Hello
thank you for your answer in fact a target script allows you to configure the keys of a hotas but I can configure the axes but not the keys in thrustmaster combined that's why I asked the question
cordially

Hello
thank you for your answer a last question can we assign to a key an offset and an example key "E" on the same button if yes I configure the hotas on fsuipc if not I will be obliged to keep target script

he takes it into account for that that does not understand

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=Flight Rudder Pedals
0.GUID={BCF03510-BB2E-11EA-8007-444553540000}
1=Thrustmaster Combined
1.GUID={4FF9F1B0-BBD5-11EA-8002-444553540000}

cordially

2 hours ago, target11 said:

can we assign to a key an offset and an example key "E" on the same button

I'm not completely sure what you mean.

There are offset controls which you can assign to a key or buttons press, yes.  You can have a button do as many things at the same time as you want to, but to do this you'd need to edit the settings in the INI file -- you can't do it directly in the Options interface -- that is, unless it is okay to assign one thing when the button is pressed and another when it is released so allowing two actions on the one button.

Editing the INI file for multiple actions on a button press is documented in the Advanced Users guide.

2 hours ago, target11 said:

1=Thrustmaster Combined
1.GUID={4FF9F1B0-BBD5-11EA-8002-444553540000}

Ah, so "Thrustmaster Combined" is the name for a specific control device, not a term for some software way of lumping several Thrustmast devices together. as it sounds!

I see it is recognised by FSUIPC.  But by this statement:

3 hours ago, target11 said:

I can configure the axes but not the keys in thrustmaster combined

do you mean that FSUIPC sees the button presses but not the axes on the same device? Because if it is a standard USB HID Game Controller that doesn't make sense unless some driver is causing that problem.

I get the feeling that I still don't understand exactly what your problem is.

Pete

Hello
thanks for your response so if i don't launch target script fsuipc recognize my hotas as
Throttle - HOTAS Warthog
and
Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
in this configuration I can assign axes and assign an offset to a hotas button (buttons & switches) no problem

if i run target script fsuipc recognize my hotas as
Thrustmaster Combined (the target script driver combines the two sets)
in this configuration I can assign axes to my hotas
but in buttons & switches I cannot affect anything even if I have already assigned them in the configuration mentioned above in Thrustmaster Combined the affected keys no longer respond

cordially

4 hours ago, target11 said:

thanks for your response so if i don't launch target script fsuipc recognize my hotas as
Throttle - HOTAS Warthog
and
Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
in this configuration I can assign axes and assign an offset to a hotas button (buttons & switches) no problem

Okay, that's good.

4 hours ago, target11 said:

if i run target script fsuipc recognize my hotas as
Thrustmaster Combined (the target script driver combines the two sets)
in this configuration I can assign axes to my hotas
but in buttons & switches I cannot affect anything even if I have already assigned them in the configuration mentioned above in Thrustmaster Combined the affected keys no longer respond

Well, evidently that driver is stopping the buttons being seen by FSUIPC. So why not stop using it, and just use FSUIPC? Seems to be the answer, no?

Pete

Hello
yes and no because target script allows you to make scrypts which can be loaded independently for each unencrypted plane, we can make a profile for each plane and in addition define all the other keys of the simulator in a single macro file but we cannot define offset that's why I wanted to combine the two programs it would have been practical
but thank you for your answers
cordially

8 hours ago, target11 said:

target script allows you to make scrypts which can be loaded independently for each unencrypted plane, we can make a profile for each plane and in addition define all the other keys of the simulator in a single macro file but we cannot define offset

But FSUIPC supports Profiles automatically loaded for each aircraft or type of aircraft, as needed, and with all standard keys and buttons defined outside of profiles for availability with all. I still don't see any advantage of using something more restrictive.

Pete

Hello
yes indeed, I saw it afterwards.
the orders
Change the "UseProfiles = Yes" parameter in the main INI to "UseProfiles = Files" I haven't seen it in the [general] section of fsuipc6.ini to make profile files independent I put the command UseProfiles = Files in section [general] but I do not see "profiles" folder and no files and in p3d v5 there is no modules folder by default where the profile is registered in fsuipc6.ini what I have saw it fits at the end of the file but is there a way to make files independent.
cordially

7 minutes ago, target11 said:

Change the "UseProfiles = Yes" parameter in the main INI to "UseProfiles = Files" I haven't seen it in the [general] section of fsuipc6.ini to make profile files independent

Profiles work fine without that, but sometimes it helps having separate files for each profile rather than in one large INI gile.

8 minutes ago, target11 said:

I do not see "profiles" folder and no files and in p3d v5 there is no modules folder by default where the profile is registered in fsuipc6.ini what I have saw it fits at the end of the file but is there a way to make files independent.

Changing the parameter will make files for each Profile you have already created. The Profiles folder is created as a sub-folder in the FSUIPC6.DLL folder, the place you selected for it when you installed it.

If you do not remember where you installed FSUIPC then you can use a button in the Logging tab in FSUIPC Options to open the folder for you in Explorer.

Pete

Hello
sorry for all these questions
the command UseProfiles = Files must be written like this in the section [general] or UserProfiles and the name of profiles = Files is an access path because the command UseProfiles = Files I wrote it as is in [general] and I don't see any folder create any files
cordially

3 hours ago, target11 said:

the command UseProfiles = Files must be written like this in the section [general] or UserProfiles and the name of profiles = Files is an access path because the command UseProfiles = Files I wrote it as is in [general] and I don't see any folder create any files

Just changing UseProfiles=Yes to UseProfiles=Files is enough. Next time FSUIPC runs it will make the files. But, as documented, there must not be a "Profiles" subfolder already, or it assumes the conversion has already been done. The conversion is only done once.

Please see the document in your FSUIPC6 Documents folder entitled "Profiles in Separate Files". It explains it all in more detail than I can here!

Pete