The simFlight Network Forums

Simmarket not helpful

Pete, every time I purchase FSUIPC from Simmarket I have problemd activating. Because the user name is the name of my company it has a specail character in it and an German Umlaut. ( + and ä).

The name that was sent in the invoice isn't working, Simmarket insists that it has to. 

Can you please help?

Thanks, Tom

2 hours ago, OutTom said:

Pete, every time I purchase FSUIPC from Simmarket I have problemd activating. Because the user name is the name of my company it has a specail character in it and an German Umlaut. ( + and ä).

Every time? And never succeeded? Why persist without asking for help?

Generally, nothing in FSUIPC copes with non-ASCII characters. It isn't Unicode friendly I'm afraid.  We'd probably have to make an Anglicised version of the name.

But I cannot do a thing without knowing more. I need FSUIPC version number, and your SimMarket order number.

Pete

Yes every time. V3, 4 and 5. And every time it was thankfully sorted in the end.
Should have choosen a better name at the time .....

FSUIPC Version is v6.0.10

Order number is 2457241

Tom

Edited by OutTom

Your registration details work here, although I have not tried to register via the installer.

I've PM'ed you a key file. Please try that.

If you have a WideFS license that you wish to add (using the same name/email), then you can add another line with your WideFS key as follows:
     WideFS=your 12 digit WideFS key

John