The simFlight Network Forums

DC3 fuel gauge selector

*** Moved from User Contributions sub-forum to main Support Forum ***

Hi, I wonder if there is a control in FSUIPC4 to operate the fuel gauge selector switch in the FSX (default)DC3?

I can find the tank selectors, but nothing for the gauge readout. The gauge and selector is situated on the far right of the DC3 cockpit 2D panel for the Aux, Left main and Right main readouts.

I would appreciate any assistance you could offer.

Thanks, George

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to support forum

9 hours ago, grdrew said:

Hi, I wonder if there is a control in FSUIPC4 to operate the fuel gauge selector switch in the FSX (default)DC3?

I can find the tank selectors, but nothing for the gauge readout. The gauge and selector is situated on the far right of the DC3 cockpit 2D panel for the Aux, Left main and Right main readouts.

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you looking to control the selector, as you ask, or to read its status?

You found the selector controls, so I assume you just mean you want to read their current position? Check out offset 0AF8 for engine 1 selection,  or 3880 Engine 1 and 37C0 Engine 2  (with 3700 Engine 3, 3640 Engine 4).

Pete

Hi Pete, thank you for your quick response. Apologies for not making things clearer. It is the fuel contents gauge selector (Aux, Left Main, Right Main) I would like to control using a 3 pos. rotary switch. Currently, the selector gauge is only useable by mouse click which I do not like! If this is possible, it would be really nice to include in my sim build for the DC3. I already have the fuel tank selection controls in FSUIPC which is not an issue.

Thank you again, George

32 minutes ago, grdrew said:

It is the fuel contents gauge selector (Aux, Left Main, Right Main) I would like to control using a 3 pos. rotary switch. Currently, the selector gauge is only useable by mouse click which I do not like! If this is possible, it would be really nice to include in my sim build for the DC3. I already have the fuel tank selection controls in FSUIPC which is not an issue.

I don't know the DC3. What does the "fuel contents gauge selector" do? Is there just one fuel level gauge with three tanks?

If you use FSUIPC event logging, does it show a control action occurring when you operate the switch on screen?

If not then I fear that the switch ad its action are local specifically to that Gauge file. You'd need to consider either sing a Mouse Macro for it, or see if there's an L:Var (local panel variable) you can use.  There's a Log LVars plug-in you can use to display a log of the L:Vars and their values when they change. Try that to see.

Pete

Thank again Pete, and yes, one gauge for the three tanks with a selector switch to show each. I will try out the event log and the L:Vars and other work arounds. If it becomes gauge specific (a microsoft special) I might consider substituting other gauges. Thanks for your helpful input.

George