The simFlight Network Forums

Some Improvements in Sounds and Lights

atav757

4 hours ago, atav757 said:

The best I can do:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12aGlRUmre-PwXg57Hcpsq_LjH6s3iBo6/view?usp=sharing 

"Here's a link to at least the fx files. I've renamed them to default P3D so that at least you could stick them into P3D and see them. Yes I used MCX. If you have that just go to attachments and you'll see where it says beacon strobe, you just rename them to whatever file you want them to use. PLEASE backup the original model, as it could seriously mess up the model if anything renders incorrectly."

Thanks @atav757 but after replacing these 2 files I'm missing your main improvement which is the white beacon flashing led light...

Is this compatible with P3D v5? This may be the issue as I'm using this version

On 12/3/2020 at 9:25 AM, atav757 said:

The best I can do:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12aGlRUmre-PwXg57Hcpsq_LjH6s3iBo6/view?usp=sharing 

"Here's a link to at least the fx files. I've renamed them to default P3D so that at least you could stick them into P3D and see them. Yes I used MCX. If you have that just go to attachments and you'll see where it says beacon strobe, you just rename them to whatever file you want them to use. PLEASE backup the original model, as it could seriously mess up the model if anything renders incorrectly."

Im new to MCX, once I edit the fx files how do I save the updated .mdl? I keep getting an error or path error

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 4:32 PM, Shom said:

Thanks @atav757 but after replacing these 2 files I'm missing your main improvement which is the white beacon flashing led light...

Is this compatible with P3D v5? This may be the issue as I'm using this version

I also use V5, yes. Missing as in no strobes at all?

On 12/4/2020 at 1:21 PM, Mets747 said:

Im new to MCX, once I edit the fx files how do I save the updated .mdl? I keep getting an error or path error

I don't remember as I don't really use it any more, I remember having to do some reasearch and looking through their manual to figure out how to render models.

On 12/16/2020 at 6:16 AM, atav757 said:

I also use V5, yes. Missing as in no strobes at all?

I don't remember as I don't really use it any more, I remember having to do some reasearch and looking through their manual to figure out how to render models.

Strobe look flashy (like they are still the default ones). They don't look as near as the ones in your video 😃