The simFlight Network Forums

Brake calibration problem Yoke ok

Choco

Video 2 shows it well:
right brake and left brake is affected.
Strangely, the rudder is recognized.

palo.jpg

observe on the image above 3 red crosses.
another oddity: R: is recognized btn 31
L: both: start are not recognized
While in FS20 commands it is recognized

4 minutes ago, Choco said:

Video 2 shows it well:

It doesn't as it does not show me that you have actually assigned anything to the brake axes. As I said, you cannot calibrate if you have not yet assigned. Please post your ini and I'll take a look there to see if it is assigned.

observe on the image above 3 red crosses.

No idea what that is. Nothing to do with FSUIPC.

another oddity: R: is recognized btn 31
L: both: stard are not recognized

Sorry, I do not know what this means....

John

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I just purchased FSUIPC and think I have the same problem Choco tried to explain. I am trying to set toe brakes for FSLabs and P3D v5.

I have set left and right toe brake axis. Here is left for example:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mu7J3n0_mhylkCL2PiaTLxyPleDYBZCx/view?usp=sharing

If I don't calibrate the brake axis, the pedals are moving in the sim. But when I set anything to Calibration fields (like tick Rev to reverse the axis), the pedals stops moving completely.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11I5adv-TizuL9ZfKyNXrIM2B5RqpXM_m/view?usp=sharing

All other axis calibrate normally. I have disabled Controllers from P3D settings.

Thanks for help!

Edited by HeLord

@HeLord You have posted in a topic (and forum) for FSUIPC7 for MSFS, not for FSUIPC6 and P3Dv5. Can you please post in the main forum for FSUIPC6 support, and attach your FSUIPC6.ini and .log files please. I will delete your post in this topic shortly.

John

Later: may also be worth reading this (even though its a bit old nbow): https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/8145-tuning-the-brakes/

If I understand the gist of that discussion, it seems that FSUIPC calibration doesn't play well with the FSLabs for toe brakes, and you should try 'direct to FS' and calibrate yuor brakes in the FSLabs config files....It may be worth asking over on the FSLabs forums.

Edited by John Dowson
Further info added

• 1 month later...

Hi 

I am having issues calibrating the toe brakes in MSFS 2020

FSUIPC version 7.0.2

CH Products Pro Rudders

I can assign and calibrate the rudders as expected and they work fine. The left and right brakes do not work unfortunately.

Axes Assignments > Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration > Input works fine -16384 to 15231.

In the sim, the brakes work in reverse. Back in FSUIPC in brake calibrations, as soon as I select "Set" the axis no longer works in the sim > even after a full calibration of the axis and ticking the rev box.

I have been using all FSUIPC versions since version 4 (FSX days) and I am familiar with axis assignments and calibrations.

I can assign the toe brakes in MSFS 2020 and they work as expected. Unfortunately, MSFS 2020 does not let you assign a dead zone at the start of an axis which is why I have purchased FSUIPC 7.

How can I apply a dead zone at the start of an axis? - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I can confirm that all brake and rudder commands have been deleted in the MSFS Controls Settings, there are no assignment duplications.

Thomas

Edit > My bad, parking brake was still on and animations were inhibited... stupid me 🙂

1 hour ago, thomas747400 said:

Edit > My bad, parking brake was still on and animations were inhibited... stupid me

😄

Ok, thanks for reporting back - was just about to take a look.

I thought that applying toe brakes automatically disabled the parking brake though, but I guess that depends on the aircraft (and maybe the FS)