The simFlight Network Forums

Control Input Stops Working Randomly (without TransmitClientEvent failures)

pilotjohn

With everything setup and working correctly (axis to FSUIPC direct and calibrated), the sim will stop responding to control inputs during flight (so far it occurred on ground several times). FSUIPC still shows the inputs working correctly, but the sim is not responding to them. Reconnect (go Axes and click Ok) or restarting FSUIPC does not solve the problem. In one case control input recovered after a few minutes.

So, of I understand you issue correctly, you are not seeing any errors in the FSUIPC log. When you say

3 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

FSUIPC still shows the inputs working correctly

do you mean in the assignments/calibration window, or are you logging axis movements and seeing them there?

I would be interested in seeing a log file produced when this occurs and you restart FSUIPC and get the same problem. And when you say:

3 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

In one case control input recovered after a few minutes.

does this imply that, in other cases, the isue was only resolved by restarting MSFS?

Other than that, I'm not sure what else I can advise at the moment. It may be worth activating SimConnect logs (as shown in the other thread) to see if SimConnect is still receiving/sending when this issue occurs. 

44 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

So, of I understand you issue correctly, you are not seeing any errors in the FSUIPC log. When you say

do you mean in the assignments/calibration window, or are you logging axis movements and seeing them there?

Yes, the axes were showing correctly in the assignment/calibration windows.

I would be interested in seeing a log file produced when this occurs and you restart FSUIPC and get the same problem. And when you say:

I will keep logging on and will share when it happens again.

does this imply that, in other cases, the isue was only resolved by restarting MSFS?

No, this didn't even require MSFS restart. At one point the plane was just doing circles (controls disconnected during a ground turn), I let it do that, and as I was trying to recover it at some point the controls started working (but not during a step where I would have expected it to - e.g. restarting FSUIPC).

Other than that, I'm not sure what else I can advise at the moment. It may be worth activating SimConnect logs (as shown in the other thread) to see if SimConnect is still receiving/sending when this issue occurs. 

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Do your button/switch assignments also stop working? What about any controls assigned in MSFS? If you don't have any axis assigned in MSFS, maybe try assigning one so you can test this when the problem occurs. 

I don't have any button assignment in FSUIPC, but will try these.