The simFlight Network Forums

[solved] P3Dv5 crashes when FSUIPC6 is active

Hello,

I recently purchased P3Dv5 and FSUIPC6.

After installing FSUIPC6 6.0.10, P3Dv5 (w/ Hotfix 2, 5.0.31.35253) becomes unresponsive after the main window opens and aircraft and scenery are fully loaded. When trying to interact with the window, Windows stops the process.

When I remove the FSUIPC6 folder from the Add-ons folder, P3Dv5 does not become unresponsive. When I move the FSUIPC6 folder back, the issue is back. Aircraft and departure location don't appear to matter.

Event viewer:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.0.31.35253, time stamp: 0x5eebf566
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp: 0x5b4a3325
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x0000000000023e49
Faulting process id: 0x3350
Faulting application start time: 0x01d68e78895632ec
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 00c09f5d-770f-42c2-bab1-b01b42ef033b
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

FSUIPC6.log ends abruptly after "Starting everything now". Deleting the FSUIPC6.ini to let FSUIPC create a fresh one does not help.

So far, the only additional content I installed are OrbX scenery and a couple of A2A aircraft.

I would be grateful for any steps that could help to isolate the problem.

Thanks,
Marc

FSUIPC6.log

It could be a corrupt weather file. Try adding NoWeatherAtAll=Yes to the [General] section of your FSUIPC6.ini file. If that works, you have a corrupt weather (*.wx) file, or more usually the wxstationlist.bin file - try deleting that from your APP Data\Roaming P3D5 folder if it is there. It will be regenerated the next time you run P3Dv5.

On 9/19/2020 at 4:02 PM, John Dowson said:

It could be a corrupt weather file. Try adding NoWeatherAtAll=Yes to the [General] section of your FSUIPC6.ini file. If that works, you have a corrupt weather (*.wx) file, or more usually the wxstationlist.bin file - try deleting that from your APP Data\Roaming P3D5 folder if it is there. It will be regenerated the next time you run P3Dv5.

Much obliged!

My issue was indeed caused by a missing wxstationlist.bin file in the program folder, which caused the wxstationlist.bin in the Roaming folder to not be created at all. Not sure what happened, most likely pilot error.

Thanks again,
Marc

PS: Of course now, after the issue is fixed, I notice that this is actually answered in the topmost issue in the FAQ section. Shame on me. m(