The simFlight Network Forums

FSLabs Help Please

Hi:

I need help understanding how to config. FSLabs with FSUIPC:

From their manual

"FSUIPC SETTINGS
Use these recommended settings for null zones if you use FSUIPC to configure your stick axes:
Ailerons: 13% of the full movement range number.
Elevator: 16% of the full movement range number.
Simply take the total axis range number and calculate the percentage mentioned above. Then use that percentage range
number and apply it to your null zones. So if your total range number is 16400 for example, 13% of that is 2132. Then use one
half of this number for the positive null zone value, and the other half for the negative null zone value"

So:

-I cannot figure out how to set null zones within FSUIPC.  Where is that setting located?

-With regards to the last sentence - do they want us to divide 2132 in half and use that number (so 1066?) or do they mean 2132 and -2132?

-The manual does not state what values to use for rudder and throttle.

I'm using Saitek x52 throttle/control stick and MFG rudder peddles. P3Dv4.5 HF3, most updated ver. of FSLabs and FSUIPC.

I've asked on their site but no joy.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I need help understanding how to config. FSLabs with FSUIPC:

Do you mean an FSL add-on aircraft?

Use these recommended settings for null zones if you use FSUIPC to configure your stick axes:
Ailerons: 13% of the full movement range number.
Elevator: 16% of the full movement range number.
Simply take the total axis range number and calculate the percentage mentioned above. Then use that percentage range
number and apply it to your null zones. So if your total range number is 16400 for example, 13% of that is 2132. Then use one
half of this number for the positive null zone value, and the other half for the negative null zone value

How very strange! 

We would certainly not recommend doing calibration numerically. it's done by positioning the actual lever/yoke and recording the position. Follow the numbered steps for good calibration in the chapter on this in the FSUIPC User manual.

I cannot figure out how to set null zones within FSUIPC.  Where is that setting located?

For yoke the "null" zone, if needed, is the part calibrated between the two Centre values. You have Min, two centres, and Right. Many folks have a small centre zone but a slope with a flattened centre. You calibrate to get the feel YOU want and suited to YOUR controls as well as the specific aircraft.

If you must do things numerically, then you can see the numbers on the calibration screen, or, if you really prefer, you can edit them in the calibration section of the settings file (the INI file).

Pete