The simFlight Network Forums

P3D Calibration Settings

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

The FSUIPC manual says sensitivity should be full right and null zone full left

Yes, if you are calibrating in FSUIPC. Because otherwise you don't get to use the full movement of your axes, not get their full resolution. Why get decent controls then treat them as if they are cheap toy ones?

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

But doing so, my throttle sensitivity moves considerably.  The minute I put my hand on my throttle, airplane throttles move significantly. 

You aren't calibrating properly then. You should have an idle null zone and perhaps use the Slope facility to adjust the feel.

Pete

15 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes, if you are calibrating in FSUIPC. Because otherwise you don't get to use the full movement of your axes, not get their full resolution. Why get decent controls then treat them as if they are cheap toy ones?

You aren't calibrating properly then. You should have an idle null zone and perhaps use the Slope facility to adjust the feel.

Pete

I'll give that a go.  Should the slop be positive or negative though?