The simFlight Network Forums

cockbit

16 minutes ago, cockbit said:

How can I configure a PFC G1000 (HID) via FSUIPC4?

Problem: FSUIPC has no contact with the G1000. (PFChid installed)

That hardware is a lot later than anything I was involved with in PFC, and won't be recognised by any of my drivers. You'd need a driver from PFC. I suspect they only support XPlane these days?

19 minutes ago, cockbit said:

In the appendix the result of the HID scanner.

That just shows that it is a proper HID device. The PFCHid log would show if it was recognised there. But even if it sees the buttons, which is unlikely, if it features a display (as a G1000 should) then that wouldn't be supported in any case.

Pete

Hi Pete

PFC only supports X-Plane. Unfortunately they don't sell me a driver even though the devices are from PFC.
PFC says they only sell entire systems.
The PC on which the devices were running until a year ago has unfortunately crashed.
I still had a system copy (Acronis) of it. Unfortunately, I could not fully reconstruct the system. But I was able to determine that  Schiratti's software was probably used.
I have already contacted him and am curious what will come of it.
In the worst case, I see myself forced to hardware worth of 6000 € to dispose of.

Hans Peter

1 hour ago, cockbit said:

The PC on which the devices were running until a year ago has unfortunately crashed.
I still had a system copy (Acronis) of it. Unfortunately, I could not fully reconstruct the system. But I was able to determine that  Schiratti's software was probably used.
I have already contacted him and am curious what will come of it.

So you did have it running with Flight Simulator?

I doubt that Project Magenta supported that device -- in my experience PM did not support any specific hardware. I think you must have had some other drivers.

1 hour ago, cockbit said:

In the worst case, I see myself forced to hardware worth of 6000 € to dispose of.

Whilst that is far from cheap, there are a lot of X-Plane users to advertise to.

BTW the subject of your thread ("cockbit") doesn't in any way describe what the subject is, so you are very unlikely indeed to get any other contributions, possibly missing on help from folks who know more about this. You should always entitle posts in a way which will attract contributions from folks who might help with the problem.

So, don't advertise your G1000 for sale as "cockbit" or you will likely be out of luck! 😉

Pete

Hi Pete

Thank you for your sympathy in my situation, which is a little different than you kindly accept.

Short:
I've been in the simulator business for several years. But mainly hardware and software for motion platforms. However, I also support the customers (at the moment 28) in other matters as you can see.

One of them is a Baron 58 who had installed the two PFC G1000 up to now. One of them broke the display.
I then removed both and replaced them with two Flyght1 G1000s (temporary replacements). I had the intention to exchange the devices back.

In the meantime, however, the B58 was sold to Berlin and there the HD - for whatever reason - collapsed.

As I said, I was able to reconstruct the HD. The PM SW for PFD and MFD is still available and the PFC device is defined in the configuration.

Unfortunately, the installation was 8 (not that long!) Years ago. That's why I contacted Enrico Schiratti.

I put my request in your forum with the sure intention (maybe a bit cheeky?) That you will get in touch and not in the hope that someone else knows the problem.

I remain in silent hope.
Hans Peter