The simFlight Network Forums

E190 v3 SP2 APU Fuel Flow

Sabretooth78

I've long noticed that the fuel burn of the v3 E190 (in P3D5, hf2) seems to be a bit high, typically running a fuel factor of about 1.1 as compared to SimBrief.  In an effort to help correct this, I had adjusted the fuel flow scalar in aircraft.cfg down from the default 1.1 to 1.0.  This only seems to help a bit, and possibly as a result now the CDU fuel predictions are effectively useless.  However..

On a flight tonight (FHSH-FAOR), I noticed that although the APU is off (it was turned off after engine start), it has still been sucking fuel at a rate of 181 kg/hr as shown in the attached pictures.  This alone is accounting for 8% of the fuel consumption throughout the flight; fuel that is essentially disappearing as the APU is off.  I'm assuming that this is a bug that occurs once the APU is started?  I haven't noticed fuel consumption prior to initial APU start, although I haven't had occasion to specifically check for it.

E190Fuel1.thumb.jpg.c9afc507ffe5b6def42e1197a60efdfb.jpg

E190Fuel2.thumb.jpg.f7646643e45a55bbd61ef6e42707e1ca.jpg

• 1 month later...