The simFlight Network Forums

OAT/VOLT/SELECT/CONTROL button clock - FSUIPC7 - C172

Benoit Ghio

Hello,

I have the beta version of FSUIPC7 still one month now, experiencing it with my home cockpit.I'm really impressed as a lot of things work.

For now, i juste have one issue with my clock part of my home cockpit. All the 3 buttons work (plugged to on arduino card) and are well recognized with FSUIPC7

However, i can't find any offset or function related to those 3 buttons ?

Any help ? (maybe with the future implementation of the mouse macro, it will work, but do I miss something before this ? )

Thanks a lot

Edited by Benoit Ghio

1 hour ago, Benoit Ghio said:

However, i can't find any offset or function related to those 3 buttons ?

Offsets aren't related to buttons. You can program/assign any function that you want to a button.

What functionality do you want to assign to them, i.e.  what should they do?

Later...ah, sorry - you mention it in the tile - OAT/VOLT/SELECT...but I don't know what this means. Could you be more explicit?

Edited by John Dowson
Further info added

Took a look...!

- button 1: switch between voltmeter and outside air temperature displays
 - button 2: switch between various times (universal, local, flight, elapsed)
 - button 3: start/reset ET,; Hold to reset FT

button 3 is inoperative, so there will be nothing you can do for this.

Buttons 1 and 2 don't send any known events. Looking at the controls available in MSFS, there doesn't seem to be anything related to them there either.

So I think you are out of luck. I've also checked the published variable lists and there is also nothing there that could be linked to those functions.

It is the type of thing that mouse macros are generally used for, so you could wait to see if MSFS provides such an interface somewhere down the line (and then the mouse macro functionality implemented in FSUIPC7).

You could also raise a new feature request via Zendesk, asking for either new key events to be added to the SDK for these 2 (or 3)  buttons, and/or for additional simvars to be made available to both read the current state and also write to update.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Looking at the controls available in MSFS, there doesn't seem to be anything related to them there either.

This sort of action was always local to the gauge in previous sims. After all, none of the actions relate to anything in the system, only what that gauge is showing.  I suspect it is no different in MSFS as there's no need for it to be.

The only answers for these normally was L:Vars or, more usually, mouse macros -- neither of which are possible at present with MSFS.

Pete