The simFlight Network Forums

is it MSFwithFSUIPC7.bat a virus?

amicodepla

5 minutes ago, amicodepla said:

Today I downloaded and Installed last Fsuipc release...but when I used MSFSwithfsuipc.bat, my Kaspersky antivirus found a sospect virus: PDM:Trojan.WIn32.generic....False posiitve?

You do realize that a BAT file is a simple Text file, don't you? Right click on it and select "Edit". Then you can actually read what it does -- a few simple steps.

BAT files may well load  programs containing viruses, but they cannot very well have a virus themselves, in text. Have a look through the text. What do YOU think is "suspicious"?

Seems you need to do some feedback to Kaspersky.  Maybe it suspects MSFS or FSUIPC7.EXE, the two programs being loaded by the BAT file, but surely not the BAT file itself!

See if you can run it on MSFS and FSUIPC7.EXE specifically instead.

Pete

Hi Pete, I'm really sorry  you had such a reaction, I know what it is  a bat file, I started using the PC, when Microsoft was still using the Dos system, but  the antivirus quarantined it. That's all. I don't know why. Therefore I consider it as a false positive .... Closed the problem.