The simFlight Network Forums

Bought it!

DJJose

Since I was not able to post on my locked thread, I decided to start a new thread.

Contrary to what was implied, I do need FSUIPC. Without it my GoFlight LGT will not work. So I spent $30 just to get my LGT working.

FYI, after installing the payware version, it installed all the pdf and LUA zip in drive C. I created a DOC folder inside FSUIPC and named it DOCS and dropped all .pdf files and LUA inside it.

Everything worked as usual. I hope I did not break anything.

9 hours ago, DJJose said:

FYI, after installing the payware version, it installed all the pdf and LUA zip in drive C.

Yes, unlike the way I used to work with FSUIPC1 - FSUIPC4, with everything in one place, John follows the proper Microsoft Windows conventions where different things go in different places. The Documents would have gone into an FSUIPC section in your regular Documents folder, in the same way that FSX and P3D 'documents' (actually flights and plans, mainly) go into appropriately named folders also in the Documents folder.

Pete

9 hours ago, DJJose said:

Everything worked as usual. I hope I did not break anything.

No problem if you want to manually move the documentation. However, they won't be removed when you run the uninstaller so you'll have to remove them manually.

And when you install an update it will re-install the documents in the Documents folder again (in a folder labeled FSUIPC7) unless you uncheck that option.

It looks like the beta version conveniently created a folder "FSUIPC7" in my docs folder and put all the .pdf and lua.zip inside. I like that better.

I went ahead and deleted the docs folder from the main FSUIPC folder and kept the one on My Docs.

22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It looks like the beta version conveniently created a folder "FSUIPC7" in my docs folder and put all the .pdf and lua.zip inside. I like that better.

All versions should do that! Are you saying that the latest installer puts them directly in your C drive, rather than in the documents folder? It shouldn't....if thats the case, can you show me you InstallFSUIPC7.log file please?

John

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

All versions should do that! Are you saying that the latest installer puts them directly in your C drive, rather than in the documents folder? It shouldn't....if thats the case, can you show me you InstallFSUIPC7.log file please?

John

That's exactly what the new installer did. Hence the post.

Last free version installer worked perfectly. Installation chose C: drive and only installed FSUIPC folder in C drive and docs in My Docs folder.  I'll upload log later. I'm not on my desktop.

I'm pretty sure the latest installer is ok. However, there was an earlier version of the beta installer that did not correctly insert a registry entry with the documents location.
Could you try the following please:
    - uninstall FSUIPC7 by double-clicking the uninstallFSUIPC7.exe (located in your installation folder). Also manually remove any documents or document folders for FSUIPC7 if any are left behind
    - re-install using the latest installer
Then check everything is installed in the correct place. If not, post me your InstallFSUIPC7.log

John

22 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I'm pretty sure the latest installer is ok. However, there was an earlier version of the beta installer that did not correctly insert a registry entry with the documents location.
Could you try the following please:
    - uninstall FSUIPC7 by double-clicking the uninstallFSUIPC7.exe (located in your installation folder). Also manually remove any documents or document folders for FSUIPC7 if any are left behind
    - re-install using the latest installer
Then check everything is installed in the correct place. If not, post me your InstallFSUIPC7.log

John

After installing the latest download from the forum, I entered reg info, but inside the folder the key and offset status file were missing. Thankfully I had a backup of the folder.

The installer did install FSUIPC in the docs folder with all the .pdf.

Since I had to pay full price for this utility (despite being a long term customer) just to get my LGT working, I'm done beta. testing.

InstallFSUIPC7.log

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I entered reg info, but inside the folder the key and offset status file were missing.

If the key file is missing, you did not click the 'Register' button. You need to do this to generate the key file, and you will get a pop-up message telling you if the license is valid or not.

The offset status spreadsheet is not installed by the installer as this is a temporary document. You should manually copy it from the extracted zip folder if you want to keep it.

4 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The installer did install FSUIPC in the docs folder with all the .pdf.

The installer installs fsuipc in the folder you selected, which is C:\FSUIPC7 (the default location).

Your install log shows that all documents were correctly installed in the right location:

Create folder: C:\Users\JOSE\Documents\FSUIPC7
Documents directory created: C:\Users\JOSE\Documents\FSUIPC7
Output folder: C:\Users\JOSE\Documents\FSUIPC7
Extract: Installing and Registering FSUIPC7.pdf... 100%
Extract: FSUIPC7 for Advanced Users.pdf... 100%
Extract: FSUIPC7 History.pdf... 100%
Extract: FSUIPC7 Offsets Status.pdf... 100%
Extract: FSUIPC7 User Guide.pdf... 100%
Extract: Profiles in Separate Files.pdf... 100%
Output folder: C:\Users\JOSE\Desktop\Install_FSUIPC7
FSUIPC7 User Manuals installed in C:\Users\JOSE\Documents\FSUIPC7.

Are you saying the documentation isn't there?

7 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Since I had to pay full price for this utility (despite being a long term customer) just to get my LGT working, I'm done beta. testing.

I don't know why are complaining so much. Try reading the installation and registration guide for installation and registration instructions, everything is explained there.

John