The simFlight Network Forums

FSX hangs while in long flight

I was on about a 10hr flight from KATL to LFPG, and FSX just freezes while en route, this is something similar to what I've had before. Before I had started the flight I had uninstalled and reinstalled FSX and it ran okay for about 5 hours. Then it started to freeze. I could here the sound but I continued to let it freeze and it eventually stopped. I continued to let FSX run and was hoping I would get an error as to what happened. So far nothing.  I then decided to force a shut down of the program, and was having a hard time of doing that. Even when I pressed Alt+CTRL+Delete and tried to open task manager that was a hard time in itself. I had to force my computer to restart the the program had closed. I did cancel the restart and went through FSUIPC log file (attached below). Event viewer did not give me any error or warning of the crash as well. Would hope I can get some help off here. I've attached the log file from the first time it had hanged up. I've also attahced another file trying to start another simulator, but after a few seconds. It hangs up. Any help will be gladly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S had to archive the files because it was too big to upload.

FSUIPC files.rar

One of those log files shows that there was a sSimConnect problem. There is a know issue with SimConnect having issues during long flights due to the number of clients being exceeded.
You could try increasing the maximum number of SimConnect clients allowed - please see the following (from a related post):

It could be that this issue is created by an old bug relating to the total  number of connections used by simconnect clients - this is an old issue known in FSX and has been confirmed over at FSDeveloper. ( Discussion, An improvement in the same thread). To check if this is the cause, you could try modifying the maximum number of clients (MaxClients) in the SimConnect.xml file. You could first try reducing this to see if you can provoke this issue to occur earlier, and if this works then you can set to the maximum value which seems to be 255.

27 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

One of those log files shows that there was a sSimConnect problem. There is a know issue with SimConnect having issues during long flights due to the number of clients being exceeded.
You could try increasing the maximum number of SimConnect clients allowed - please see the following (from a related post):

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

Yes, why not? The different entries are just for different protocols.

It still hanged up, this time with what you suggested. By the time the Game loads and I'm in the cockpit. I'd say about 2-3 seconds later it hangs. After awhile waiting for it to respond, it simply hangs up.

FSUIPC4.log

Please remember to attach your newly generated log file when you have made changes and still have an issue.

It may be a corrupt weather file. Try deleting the wxstationlist.bin file from your ...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder (it will be regenerated on start-up).
After doing that and re-starting, if you get issues again please remember to attach you FSUIPC4.log file.

If it crashes so soon, you may also have corrupted the SimConnect.xml file somehow when you edited it. What editor did you use? Check the file again, and make sure that it has the correct/original encoding. 

Its difficult to advise without seeing your log file....

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 10:32 AM, John Dowson said:

Please remember to attach your newly generated log file when you have made changes and still have an issue.

It may be a corrupt weather file. Try deleting the wxstationlist.bin file from your ...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder (it will be regenerated on start-up).
After doing that and re-starting, if you get issues again please remember to attach you FSUIPC4.log file.

If it crashes so soon, you may also have corrupted the SimConnect.xml file somehow when you edited it. What editor did you use? Check the file again, and make sure that it has the correct/original encoding. 

Its difficult to advise without seeing your log file....

Thanks for the help. I deleted the wxstationlist.bin. That seem to so far solved my problems. I was able to do the 10hr flight with no hangup. My only other real issue that I noticed was I switched from using FSXWX and used FSRealWX. No hangup's or crashes.