The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS Stops Responding to FSUIPC

pilotjohn

This issue is similar to when FSUIPC would crash (and control would be lost), however this time there was no crash of FSUIPC, but MSFS would not react to input. You'll see a few pauses where I tried to troubleshoot, but it did not restore input. I had to quit FSUIPC and only after restarting it did controls start working again (without sim restart). The "prev" log is where MSFS stops responding to input.

FSUIPC7_prev.zip FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

9 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

You'll see a few pauses where I tried to troubleshoot, but it did not restore input.

Could you see any movement of the axis on the axis assignment dialog?

10 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

You'll see a few pauses where I tried to troubleshoot, but it did not restore input.

So pause works, which indicates that button input and also sending events/controls to the sim.
You don't have any errors in your log, simconnect or otherwise.

Does this occur all the time, or occasionally? Have you changed anything recently? You seem to keep having issues that get resolved, only to re-appear several days later....

You could try changing this:
    NormalStallTime=-2
to
    NormalStallTime=1

in the [General] section of your ini, although I don't think this will make any difference in this case (as there are no stall messages and simconnect seems to still be working).
You could also try re-activating the SimConnect log file, to see if that reports anything.

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Could you see any movement of the axis on the axis assignment dialog?

I have not tried it or looked when it happened. If it happens again I will check. These seem to happen at inopportune times (this time on short final), so didn't have a lot of time to troubleshoot (had a few pauses before I was going to crash).

So pause works, which indicates that button input and also sending events/controls to the sim.
You don't have any errors in your log, simconnect or otherwise.

I was triggering Pause with direct (in-sim) bound default keys.

Does this occur all the time, or occasionally? Have you changed anything recently? You seem to keep having issues that get resolved, only to re-appear several days later....

This is the first time. I don't do long flights (pretty much all are <30 mins) and it seems these all take time to manifest themselves. There have no changes in my platform/peripherals, except the upgrade to FSUIPC 7.0.1 and the Profile specific assignment for piston aircraft.

You could try changing this:
    NormalStallTime=-2
to
    NormalStallTime=1

in the [General] section of your ini, although I don't think this will make any difference in this case (as there are no stall messages and simconnect seems to still be working).
You could also try re-activating the SimConnect log file, to see if that reports anything.

Ack.