The simFlight Network Forums

Trying to get Keysend to work

Hi,

I am trying to get the keysend function over WideFS to work but no luck so far.

I have the C key on the server set up to send parameter 1 when pressed and parameter 2 when released. On the client, this is set up so C is effectively held down for the duration it's pressed on the server. 

As it didn't seem to work, I set notepad as run1 and applied run1 to the keysend lines in wideclient.ini. I would expect C to type and continue to be typed on the client until the C key on the server is released, but still nothing.

Screenshot attached, any ideas?

Charlie K

Screenshot 2020-11-16 16.44.26.png

2 hours ago, crwk78 said:

I have the C key on the server set up to send parameter 1 when pressed and parameter 2 when released. On the client, this is set up so C is effectively held down for the duration it's pressed on the server. 

As it didn't seem to work, I set notepad as run1 and applied run1 to the keysend lines in wideclient.ini. I would expect C to type and continue to be typed on the client until the C key on the server is released, but still nothing.

Try, as a test, without the ",run1" on the Keysend parameters, but with Notepad with keyboard focus first. It my be that Notepad doesn't like the way the keys are posted.

There's are also other ways of addressing the program to receive the keypresses -- ClassNames and Window titles.

I use the facility with Pilot2ATC, for the PTT and other actions and it does work 100%. But it can be more difficult with some programs. These are the parameters I'm using:

UseSendInput=Yes
KeySend110=112,16 ; F1 Press   PTT for P2A
KeySend111=112,24 ; F1 Release PTT for P2A
KeySend112=121,16 ; F10 Press   Sayit for P2A
KeySend113=121,24 ; F10 Release Sayit for P2A
KeySend114=117,16 ; F6 Press   Sound device for P2A
KeySend115=117,24 ; F6 Release Sound device for P2A

But P2A is not the same as all programs -- it sees the presses even when it doesn't have the focus.

You could also try "PostKeys=Yes" instead of "UseSendInput=Yes".

Pete