The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and VRinsight M-Panel

SevenStingray55

I already have the M-Panel working in FS2020 using the stock VriSim.exe software, SerialFP2 and FSUIPC7. (I also did a Video and posted a mini Guide which some people found helpful). 

However. after discussing issues that other users have encountered I'm wondering if FSUIPC7 (registered) is supposed to natively support the M-Panel without VriSim.exe/SerialFP2?

On startup my FSUIPC7 console reports "VRI MPanl ("M-Panel") detected on port com3" and the panel itself reports "Host Connected" but it doesn't work at all in FS2020.

I looked at the "Button & Switch Assignments" tab it the FSUIPC UI. That acknowledged the fist button I pressed but none afterwards.

So, Is FSUIPC7 supposed to know what to do with the M-Panel without the other stuff?

1 hour ago, SevenStingray55 said:

However. after discussing issues that other users have encountered I'm wondering if FSUIPC7 (registered) is supposed to natively support the M-Panel without VriSim.exe/SerialFP2?

ONLY with your own programming. 

1 hour ago, SevenStingray55 said:

Is FSUIPC7 supposed to know what to do with the M-Panel without the other stuff?

No. it recognises the connection, and receives commands from it. What it does with those would have to be determined by a Lua plug-in which you'd pre-load via an [Auto] entry in the FSUIPC settings (INI file).

For full details you need to read the "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" document which you should find with the rest of your FSUIPC documents.

Pete

4 minutes ago, grigna said:

I do not have that guide "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" neither is enclosed in my FSUIPC7 registered version.

Where I can found that document?

It's alongside all of the other documents installed with FSUIPC7, in your documents folder in the subfolder called "FSUIPC7".

Does this mean you have not even looked at the FSUIPC7 User Guide yet?

The places where things are installed is explained in the Installation guide supplied in the original ZIP you downloaded.

Pete

10 hours ago, grigna said:

it would never have crossed my mind to find the guides outside the installation folder!

That's why these things are explained in the Installation Guide. 

FSUIPC6 and FSUIPC7 installers now follow the proper Windows 'rules', where documents go in your Documents folder under the product name.  It may seem odd to put documents into the "Documents" folder, but that's now the way it is! 😉

(I was in revolt with my products, liking everything together. But I'm an old codger and now in retirement).

Pete