The simFlight Network Forums

Editing a "New, based on..." profile

I used the "Profiles in Separate Files" tutorial so I can have separate INI files for each profile. Then I went into the FSUIPC4 GUI in FSX to make a new profile called F18.ini based on a profile called Honecomb Yoke.ini. I can see both .ini files in the Modules\Profiles folder but when I open them up in a text editor, there are no setting to change. What am I missing? The following files are attached to this post:

FSUIPC4.ini (registered version 4.974)
F18.ini
Honecomb Yoke.ini

Also... how do I create a profile based on the default button settings (the settings that are in play when no profile is selected)?

FSUIPC4.ini F18.ini Honecomb Yoke.ini

17 hours ago, Gregory_Douglas said:

I used the "Profiles in Separate Files" tutorial so I can have separate INI files for each profile. Then I went into the FSUIPC4 GUI in FSX to make a new profile called F18.ini based on a profile called Honecomb Yoke.ini. I can see both .ini files in the Modules\Profiles folder but when I open them up in a text editor, there are no setting to change. What am I missing? The following files are attached to this post:

FSUIPC4.ini (registered version 4.974)
F18.ini
Honecomb Yoke.ini

You hadn't made any settings in the Honeycomb Yoke profile, so any profile made from it would also have no settings.

17 hours ago, Gregory_Douglas said:

how do I create a profile based on the default button settings (the settings that are in play when no profile is selected)?

Default button (and keypress) settings apply in all profiles unless you make a different setting for specific buttons or keypresses in that profile. This is as described in the User Guide. 

Pete