The simFlight Network Forums

Any valid offset for seatbelts and smoking sign a320 fwb?

alesj97

Just looked at this in the A320Neo (but without the FBW mod). In the default A320, both of the seatbelt and smoking switches are inoperative. You can send the relevant controls (Cabin No Smoking / Seatbelt Alert Switch Toggle) and the offset (and associated simvar) gets updated, but has no effect on the aircraft. It therefore seems that this is not connected yet.
I'm not sure if the FBW mod is supposed to correct this as I haven't used this (yet!).

John

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2020 at 12:33 PM, John Dowson said:

Just looked at this in the A320Neo (but without the FBW mod). In the default A320, both of the seatbelt and smoking switches are inoperative. You can send the relevant controls (Cabin No Smoking / Seatbelt Alert Switch Toggle) and the offset (and associated simvar) gets updated, but has no effect on the aircraft. It therefore seems that this is not connected yet.
I'm not sure if the FBW mod is supposed to correct this as I haven't used this (yet!).

John

The switches (like a lot of other things) are working in the fbw mod.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:03 PM, alesj97 said:

I am making an ovhd panel and I am trying to debug those offsets but I can't read or set the data. I am using a320 neo FBW mod. Any idea?

Thank you in advance

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/blob/master/docs/a320-simvars.md

Here you can view all simvar used by A320NX.

@John Dowson when can we use free offsets to map them ? 

14 minutes ago, asessa said:

Which just re-iterates what I just said:

These can be used to populate with data from lvars, but unfortunately there is currently no access to lvars in FSUIPC7. This is the next facility that I would like to look into providing, when time permits.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking, or why you are asking the same question again...

John

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

Which just re-iterates what I just said:

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking, or why you are asking the same question again...

John

Yes is the same question.

But here you say "There is currently no way to access lvars from FSUIPC7." 

In the other topic you say it will be implemented

So the question is : will be possible or not map simvar to free offesets ?

Regards

There is currently no way to access lvars in FSUIPC7. This is a facility that I need to look into.
So its not yet possible. Of course, once I have implemented access to lvars, you can do with them what you wish, including using them to populate user offsets.
I have said this all before, so I just don't understand why you keep on asking the same question ion different topics!
Is there anything not clear in what I have said about this?

John

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

There is currently no way to access lvars in FSUIPC7. This is a facility that I need to look into.
So its not yet possible. Of course, once I have implemented access to lvars, you can do with them what you wish, including using them to populate user offsets.
I have said this all before, so I just don't understand why you keep on asking the same question ion different topics!
Is there anything not clear in what I have said about this?

John

John, for me , NO WAY means it will be NOT and ever develop.

Regarding my question, sorry ... there is no need to get angry because I asked for something again

2 minutes ago, asessa said:

John, for me , NO WAY means it will be NOT and ever develop.

I said 'There is currently no way to access lvars in FSUIPC7. '! i.e. not at the moment! Thats what I mean by currently!

3 minutes ago, asessa said:

there is no need to get angry because I asked for something again

I'm not angry,  sorry if it came across that way. Its just that, as I said,  you seem to be asking me the same question that I answered for you a few days ago, and I'm not sure why or if I am misunderstanding you, or you have misunderstood my previous comment on this matter....

John