The simFlight Network Forums

One switch, two jobs..

Ron Attwood

..And not by design.

This probably is outside of your sphere of influence but I'll ask anyway.

I have several controllers, one of which is the Saitek TPM throttle/bank of switches. All the switches are assigned via FSUIPC, no issues there...Except.

One of the switches does the strobes and when starting an aircraft switching on the strobes switches off the battery thus knocking out avionics etc. Switching everything back on (Battery, Alternator, avionics on the same bank of switches) the strobes switch minds it's own business.

Now, could that be an FSUIPC thing or an MSFS/Asobo thing? 

15 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Difficult to tell without further information. Could you activate event and button logging and produce a short log file showing your problem, and attach that as well as your FSUIPC7.ini file and I'll take a look.

17 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Ron,

If this is a default aircraft and you switch on the strobes just using the default Asobo control,  I assume a mouse click, does the battery still get turned off?  If not, I would guess you have a FSUIPC setup conflict somewhere.

Al

Sorry I've taken so long to get back. Attached is my ini and the log. MSFS has only two button controls assigned to different controllers, not this one. Everything else is handled by FSUIPC. That was my very first thought. My hunch, based on no technical knowledge is that MSFS thinks an electrical thing has been switched so I'll turn stuff off. Oh, I did two runs, one starting from the runway i.e. ready to fly. No conflict. Starting from a parking spot i.e. C&D- Conflict

FSUIPC7.zip

This could be related to a know bug/issue in MSFS with certain controllers/devices that have a constant pressed down state, such as the Honeycomb Alpha yoke and also I believe the TH HOTAS Warthog. Its known to effect heading bug increments but can also can effect other areas. See https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/heading-increment-bug-10-degree-instead-of-1-explained/290173 for details.

To check if this is the issue, try temporarily removing your MSFS assignments to that device, or disconnect the device.

On 12/13/2020 at 12:34 AM, Ron Attwood said:

MSFS has only two button controls assigned to different controllers,

But maybe it also affects one of these buttons? I am only suggesting disabling your assignments in MSFS to test to rule this issue out.

You can also try activating logging for buttons and events, and produce a short log file where you activate your strobes and the other actions occur. This will show what events are seen.
Maybe also another log file when you start on the runway and it works as expected.