The simFlight Network Forums

Trial license for FSUIPC7

Cap

I've been sent here - to presumably spend MORE money on getting msfs2020 to work, because of the heading bug / course bug problem.

I wanted to see for myself, how to use and how much of a headache it will be to rebind all my controllers (I have seven) over to this app.

But from what I've read, the trial version is so crippled, that I can't test or assign anything to see if it's useful and fixes the problem I'm here for. 

Am I missing something or is it the 'trial' utterly useless?

Sorry for my first post to be negative, but I'm pulling my hair out with MSFS2020 and I'm in too deep with spending on it to switch to X-Plane or something else .

I understand your point. There isn't really a 'trial' version of FSUIPC. There's just one version, and the facilities available depend on whether it is registered or not (i.e. has a valid license).

I can supply a time-limited license. I've been thinking of doing this for a while, maybe for every other 10 days or so and making it available via www.fsuipc.com. But, to be honest, its just the extra effort of maintaining this over a long period that prevents me from doing this. For now, I don't mind supplying time-limited license on request. Do you want one?

John 

I've generated one anyway. Drop the attached key file into your installation folder:

FSUIPC7.key

Note that the installer will not validate this license as it currently cannot handle time-limited license validation.

John

P.S. I will change the title of this post to make it clearer for other users....

Edited by John Dowson
corrected

• John Dowson changed the title to Trial license for FSUIPC7
4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I've generated one anyway. You can use the following details:
   Name: FSUIPC7 Time Limited
   Email/Address: 31122020
   Key: ABAXNLTQZTLT

Or simply drop the attached key file into your installation folder:

FSUIPC7.key 72 B · 0 downloads

John

P.S. I will change the title of this post to make it clearer for other users....

Thank you VERY much! At least I can see if this fixes my issues. 

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

At least I can see if this fixes my issues. 

Are you aware of what causes the heading bug incr/decr issue? FSUIPC can get around this, but you need to be aware of what causes this to prevent.
I can supply more information if needed. Try and let me know if you need any further help.

John

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

Are you aware of what causes the heading bug incr/decr issue? FSUIPC can get around this, but you need to be aware of what causes this to prevent.
I can supply more information if needed. Try and let me know if you need any further help.

John

Hi John

If you're referring to the toggle switches that have an 'ON' state that continually sends a windows DX event - then yes. 

If you're referring to something else - no. 

However, the big one I am trying to solve is with MSFS2020 + Add-on aircraft Piper Seminole. The seminole has an HSI with a HDG knob and a CRS course knob, but MSFS2020 has NO binding for the course knob anywhere. It's only usable (and I use that term loosely) if you use a mouse. 

I was hoping (I'm not at my gaming PC now) that your application would be able to circumvent this oversight. 

1 minute ago, Cap said:

If you're referring to the toggle switches that have an 'ON' state that continually sends a windows DX event - then yes. 

Yes, that is what I was referring to.

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

However, the big one I am trying to solve is with MSFS2020 + Add-on aircraft Piper Seminole. The seminole has an HSI with a HDG knob and a CRS course knob, but MSFS2020 has NO binding for the course knob anywhere. It's only usable (and I use that term loosely) if you use a mouse. 

Ok. You can try but I'm afraid that if it doesn't work then it will be a problem with the implementation in the Add-on aircraft. If it doesn't bind in MSFS, then it probably won't via SimConnect/FSUIPC, but you can try.

On a similar note, it maybe be worth reviewing this support request regarding the CRS course knob: 

John

8 minutes ago, Cap said:

Hi John

If you're referring to something else - no. 

I was hoping (I'm not at my gaming PC now) that your application would be able to circumvent this oversight. 

Ah. MSFS2020 has OBS 1 and OBS 2 inc/dec bindings, so setting those on a dedicated VOR instrument wouldn't be a problem. It's having a CRS course knob on an HSI that's alien to virgin MSFS2020. I can't see how Carenado got it submitted and accepted without providing the binding, or having the sim understand it, but maybe they got around it because if it's used via a mouse, then it's no different to any other 'virtual' knob. 

:(

8 minutes ago, Cap said:

, so setting those on a dedicated VOR instrument wouldn't be a problem. It's having a CRS course knob on an HSI that's alien to virgin MSFS2020

But shouldn't the HSI be slaved to the VOR? Or is this what the problem is with the Carenado?

It may be something that, in the add-on aircraft, is separated and only controlled by lvars (local panel/gauge variables). Currently no lvar access in FSUIPC at the moment, but Im looking into it.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

But shouldn't the HSI be slaved to the VOR? Or is this what the problem is with the Carenado?

It may be something that, in the add-on aircraft, is separated and only controlled by lvars (local panel/gauge variables). Currently no lvar access in FSUIPC at the moment, but Im looking into it.

John

Sure, the needle is tuned to an ILS or VOR, but it's displayed on an HSI and not using the older VOR gauge. The HSI is magnetically coupled and doesn't need manual adjustment and the CRS (Course) needle can be manually rotated around the HSI.

See attached screenshot from the Add-On inside MSFS2020. Rotating that knob rotates the yellow Course arrow and the offset dots in the centre of the HSI. 

(Apologies if you already know all of this; I just wanted to make sure we're talking about the same thing).

Binding to OBS1 or even OBS2 in MSFS2020 has zero effect on this Course knob or the needle.

HSI_LO.jpg

I am in a similar position. I have just purchased a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and after paying NZ$940 I am shocked to find MSFS has problems recognizing toggle switches. I am here hoping that FSUIPC7 will solve this, but I need to at least get some idea of how it works and whether or not I will use it. I was very disappointed to see that after installing it the documentation did not come with it and doesn't seem to be available separately for download. According to your pdf "Installing and Registering FSUIPC7" docs should be in the install folder, but they are not. I have also searched for any online tutorials and can't find any.

Getting just a tad frustrated. I tried using the license details you posted earlier but they were not accepted. Can you please:

1. Provide a manual and or link to online tutorials

2. Provide a trial license so that I can give this a go.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Goochie said:

I will use it. I was very disappointed to see that after installing it the documentation did not come with it and doesn't seem to be available separately for download. According to your pdf "Installing and Registering FSUIPC7" docs should be in the install folder, but they are not.

The documentation is installed under your Windows documents folder, as explained in that manual. The documentation is only installed  in the install location if this location cannot be determined or accessed:

Note that all documentation will be installed in a folder called FSUIPC7, located under your
windows
Documents folder. If, for some reason, the documents cannot be installed in this location, a
folder called
Docs will be created under the installation directory, and the documents will be
installed in this folder.

6 hours ago, Goochie said:

Getting just a tad frustrated. I tried using the license details you posted earlier but they were not accepted.

Time-limited licenses are not validated by the installer. Just download the key file and drop that into your installation folder. I will amend the post above to make this clear.

John

16 hours ago, Cap said:

Binding to OBS1 or even OBS2 in MSFS2020 has zero effect on this Course knob or the needle.

Then this does sound like an issue with the aircraft that should be reported to the aircraft developers.
You could maybe try first sending a Heading Slot Index Set control with parameter 1 to see if that gives authority back to the HSI but I doubt it (as  this is usually only needed to switch authority to/from the FCU).

If you log events (using FSUIPC), can you see any events at all when you rotate the knob in the UI? Do you see the standard VOR1_OBI_INC/DEC events, something else or nothing?

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Then this does sound like an issue with the aircraft that should be reported to the aircraft developers.
You could maybe try first sending a Heading Slot Index Set control with parameter 1 to see if that gives authority back to the HSI but I doubt it (as  this is usually only needed to switch authority to/from the FCU).

If you log events (using FSUIPC), can you see any events at all when you rotate the knob in the UI? Do you see the standard VOR1_OBI_INC/DEC events, something else or nothing?

I’ll try the logging later, see if we can track it down.

I did put a support ticket in with Carenado.

They xlosed it with the comment “Use the mouse” - which I explicitly called out in the ticket that it’s too hard and imprecise to use the mouse and I need bindings  

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Well, thank you for the trial; the log output shows that the CRS knob in the Seminole is actually in the back end the VOR1_OBI knob. So there are existing bindings and it's possible to bind to it. 

The problem with the switches causing the jumps still exist, so I'm feeling that I'm going to have to rebind all 7 of my controllers through your app. Thankfully, I'll only have to do this once. 

Thank you John, really appreciate your help. 

59 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Ok, no problem. Thanks for reporting back.

John

Still think Carenado's reply stinks... esp as they would know it's using the VOR1_OBI knob outputs.... still, sorted now. Hope this helps others. 

• 2 months later...

Hello John,

I was wondering if I can get a temporary trial license to see if I really need the program. I have been flying without it for many years but after so many good reviews and comments I really would like to try it.

Thank you,

Guillermo

4 hours ago, GPP said:

I was wondering if I can get a temporary trial license to see if I really need the program. I have been flying without it for many years but after so many good reviews and comments I really would like to try it.

Sure. I'll generate one for you and post it here, but probably tomorrow or Monday now (as the time-limited key generation is still only working on my win7 system which is currently not available...).

John

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi John,

as already requested via private message today, I want to check with a limited time access to the premium version of FSUIPC, if my problems regarding sensitivity of my pedals can be solved.

Thanks a lot, that this service is possible.

BR
SiSc1987