The simFlight Network Forums

Using FSUIPC 7 w/ MSFS2020

Florida

I've been using FSUIPC forever, and currently have v.4 for my FSX/SE. With previous versions of MSFS, all  I had to do  was go into the FS set-up and turn off the control binding, then go to FSUIPC and re-assign all of it to my individual aircraft. However, with FS2020, each controller has its own binding, so in order to turn off the MSFS bindings, I have to assign null (empty) bindings for each controller before setting them up in v.7. Which I've done.

My question now, to Pete & John and anyone else who has been successful in setting up FSUIPC 7 with FS2020, what is the suggested/best way to reconcile FSUIPC with FS2020? Do I just turn off the axes on FS, turn everything off and use FSUIPC, or something in between? I remember particular problems with FSUIPC, FSX and the PMDG planes, specifically with the throttles.

So what do I need to know to use FSUIPC 7 efficiently with FS2020? I did try turning off all controllers in FS and tried using the FSUIPC BETA to control everything, and it didn't work too well.

TIA,
-= Gary =-

8 hours ago, gpbarth said:

However, with FS2020, each controller has its own binding, so in order to turn off the MSFS bindings, I have to assign null (empty) bindings for each controller before setting them up in v.7. Which I've done.

Yes, the easiest way to do this is to just create a new profile for each of your controllers as new profiles are empty.

8 hours ago, gpbarth said:

My question now, to Pete & John and anyone else who has been successful in setting up FSUIPC 7 with FS2020, what is the suggested/best way to reconcile FSUIPC with FS2020? Do I just turn off the axes on FS, turn everything off and use FSUIPC, or something in between?

It all depends on how you want to set things up, and can also depend upon which aircraft you are using, but generally its something in between. Currently there are quite a few controls/events that aren't working via the SDK (e.g. to control views), and there are also quite a lot of controls available in MSFS that have not been exposed via SimConnect, and so are currently not available directly via FSUIPC. There is no problem mixing-and-matching assignments between MSFS and FSUIPC7, but just make sure that you are only assigning each axis and/or button/switch in only one place.

For controls that are available in MSFS but not exposed via the SDK, you can assign a key press to this in MSFS and then assign a button/switch to that key press in FSUIPC7. This is how I control my views, for example.

So, my advice would be to create empty profiles for your controllers initially and try to assign using FSUIPC7, but where you need to either assign to a key press in MSFS and then to that key press in FSUIPC, or assign directly in MSFS.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much, John! I just went and purchased it last night and will be working with it later. Always had it for FSX, so can't wait to  see how it works on the axes. You guys do a great job with this!

-= Gary =-