The simFlight Network Forums

Multiplayer traffic

AivlaSoft

Hello, and Happy NY !

I have read and searched through many pages back in this forum but I couldn't find an answer whether multiplayer traffic data can be read or not in general via FSUIPC and/or SimConnect.

I did a lot of testing with all combinations of Multiplayer settings in MSFS but with none of these combinations I could ever read other Multiplayer aircraft data from FSUIPC. As a reference I'm also using Pete's "TrafficLook.exe" which unfortunately does also not list any of the Multiplayer aircraft. Real world traffic and AI-Traffic is readable without any troubles. Is Multiplayer traffic data treated differently than r/w or AI traffic?

I'm using the latest version of FSUIPC7 (7.0.3), latest version of FSUIPCClient.dll (3.1.25), and have also updated to MSFS SDK 0.9.0.0.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Urs

6 hours ago, aivla said:

I have read and searched through many pages back in this forum but I couldn't find an answer whether multiplayer traffic data can be read or not in general via FSUIPC and/or SimConnect.

MP traffic has never been supplied in the SimConnect information in any version of FS or P3D. THere used to be a program or add-on for VATSIM (I think) which did inject the other user aircraft into FSUIPC's traffic data tables, so that FSUIPC applications could read it, but I think all that more or less died out a while ago.

You could test also with LittleNavMap's traffic reading. It is a 32-bit program and usesthe older FSX SimConnect library to interface to MSFS, whilst FSUIPC7 uses the new one supplied in the MSFS SDK. We expect the latter to develop gradually in the future, so it's the right choice.

Pete