The simFlight Network Forums

Is it possible to make mouse macro for the button in the display?

Hi,

My sim is P3D V5 HF1, FSUIPC is ver6 registerded.

I am trying to make mouse macro for QW787, some are successfully great, thank you for FSUIPC.

Some are not, I wonder if those are buttons in the display.

I have reviewed this forum by key word of mouse macro, display, QW787 etc, but could not find related topic.

QW787 has 4 displays, PFD and Navigation display for pilot and FO.

Each could be changed with different informations.

I would like to push the buttons by mouse macro on system screen mode in the navigation display.  They are for electrical condition  (check APU ok?),and FTCL (set stab trim).

As I could make other mouse macro successfully, I have followed same way to make mouse macro on these button too, and assign them to keys which are not assigned to other commands of sim. 

I could hear of very small sound of clicking from PC when I bush the assigned key, but nothing changed in screen.

My question is "Is it possible to make mouse macro for the button in the display, mouse macro has to be set to physical button?".

If not, regrettably, I have to give up.

Hoping to have advice.

Moto. Miyawaki

9 hours ago, shibekora said:

My question is "Is it possible to make mouse macro for the button in the display, mouse macro has to be set to physical button?".

I'm not sure of your issue.... You can use mouse macros however you wish, but its usual to assign them to a button or switch. You can also activate them via a key press ot from a lua script if you so wish.

As for the control of the QW787, I think you are probably better off asking over on their forums. I don;t have this aircraft, and so not sure what they expose i.e. lvars) to control. Maybe try here: http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/lvar_topic12252.html

John

Thank you John for your quick reply and suggestion of QW's forum.

Yes, I have reviewed QW's forum and made inquiry on this matter, but no respond. So that I made a question on this forum.

Having reviewed the forum you suggested that seems to be on the matter of reading the value of MCP or reading Lvars.

Lvars of QW are a little bit weird for me. Sometimes, a name of Lvar is quite different word on the button related, some Lvars appears after several times of mouse click on the button, and some show different response as in their official document for sim builders kits.

Anyhow, I could get almost Lvars for my sim utilizing FSUIPC+mobiflight and Spad.next so far.  Finally the command unassigned are the virtual buttons in the display as attached gif file.

As I said in the first inquiry, this screen could be shown by clicking SYS button in the glairshield (that is OK by Lvar or mouse macro), then I like to push "ELEC" button in the display as shown green color in th attached file.    Since I could click this button by real mouse, I like to push this button through my sim panel, so, I have tried to get mouse macro on this click and got macro as attached file. Macro no. of 1 and 4 are those for them, 1 is for ELEC 4 is for FTCL respectively.   Macro no of 2 and 3 are for the phiscal buttons in the glairshield that work well isuccessfully.

That is story for my inquiry.  If mouse macro is not to be applicable for this type of screen button (virtual button?) I will give up to do.

I am sorry for bothering you on this matter, It is enough to know whether I could or not.

Best regards,

MOTO. Miyawaki

system_display.GIF

787.MCRO

I'm not sure why that mouse macro isn't working. You could try with a different mouse flag, or use multiple actions. e.g. try with:

[Macros]
1=elec=RX27400800,13
2=baro_standerd=RX40000051,3
3=baro_reset=RX4000004c,3
4=FTCL=RX27400800,3

or

[Macros]
1=elec
1.1=RX27400800,3
1.2=RX27400800,13
4=FTCL=RX27400800,3

John

Thank you John for your advice.

I have tried both ways, however regretfully I could not control virtual buttons in the display.

Having seen my macro file thoroughly, I have noticed that pointing address (?) of mouse of No.1 and No.2 are the same (RX27400800) even though they are different place in the display.  Other macros (No.2, 3, 5, 6, and 7,  I have made more macro after my first inquiry) have their own different address respectively. 

1=elec=RX27400800,3
4=FTCL=RX27400800,3
5=Can_Recal=RX40000063,3
6=TFC=RX40000057,3
7=WXR=RX40000056,3

I wonder if mouse clicking could not distinguish both the places correctly due to the QW's specification.  That means, I think, I could not make any mouse macro for the virtual button in the display.

Thank you for your kind help again.

Moto. Miyawaki

45 minutes ago, shibekora said:

1=elec=RX27400800,3
4=FTCL=RX27400800,3
5=Can_Recal=RX40000063,3
6=TFC=RX40000057,3
7=WXR=RX40000056,3

Yes, those macros are using the same rectangle ID (RX27400800), so they would perform the same funtion.
I'm not sure why this is if they behave differently when you click them in the UI...
Sorry, but not having this add-on aircraft, I don't know what to advise if you cannot find a suitable lvar for this instead...

John