The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 7.0.0.4 error

target11

Hello
  each time MSFS 1.12.13.0 is started I have an error when starting FSUIPC 7.0.0.4
---------------------------
FSUIPC7 already running
There is a copy of FSUIPC7 already running.
This process will now exit.
ok

however I do not start FSUIPC since it starts with MSFS

cordially
Lb

the solution for me was to delete EXE.XML in
C: \ Users \ UserPcName \ AppData \ Local \ Packages \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe \ LocalCache
before uninstalling fsuipc then install version 7.0.0.4 and EXE.XML it will regenerate automatically

7 minutes ago, klm149 said:

You need to start the MSFS.bat as administrator; pin this bat-file to Start; there right mouse click Properties; select Advanced and check the box Run as administrator.

Only do that of you want to run MSFS as administrator.

11 hours ago, target11 said:

each time MSFS 1.12.13.0 is started I have an error when starting FSUIPC 7.0.0.4

Previously FSUIPC7 was either started manually, or with MSFS using the batch file and desktop link provided.
Since the latest release, v7.0.4, FSUIPC7 is started by MSFS via the EXE.xml file, and the launching of FSUIPC7 via the batch file has been removed - this file (and desktop link) now start MSFS only, as well as displaying the splash screen.

If you get the error that another copy of FSUIPC7 is already running, then two copies are being started. Check your EXE.xml to see if it has two entries for FSUIPC7 and, if so, remove one. Also, check that you are not using the old batch file/desktop link to start MSFS.

John

indeed there were 2 entries in the EXE.xml file so that I deleted it and by reinstalling fsuipc 7.0.0.4 the file is regenerated, other leaves I still use the old batch file / link desktop to start MSFS I just put fsuipc in a comment so that it does not start a second time I use this file to start another program at the same time as msfs because I find it well done

12 minutes ago, target11 said:

indeed there were 2 entries in the EXE.xml file

I wonder how this happened. Currently, uninstalling removes the entry, and installing ALWAYS adds the entry, but does not check for existing entries. When I get time, I'll update the installer to check for an existing FSUIPC7 entry first, before adding the new entry. This should prevent mutile entries occuring.

14 minutes ago, target11 said:

I still use the old batch file / link desktop to start MSFS I just put fsuipc in a comment so that it does not start a second time I use this file to start another program at the same time as msfs because I find it well done

Yes, that's fine. But note that you can also use either the FSUIPC ini file ([Programs] section) or the MSFS EXE.xml file to also start other programs.