The simFlight Network Forums

Question regarding auto-start with MSFS2020

12 hours ago, whiggy said:

After installing FSUIPC 7.0.4, I see there is an entry in the EXE.xml file.
But FSUIPC does not start with MSFS. I must still start manually. For what is this entry?

The entry is to start FSUIPC7. I do not know why this is not working for you. Do you get any errors from MSFS when trying to start FSUIPC7?
Are you using an MS Store install or a Steam install? Can you attach your InstallFSUIPC7.log file please.

John

10 minutes ago, whiggy said:

Nothing will be happen. No failure. No start.

Your installation log and exe.xml both look fine, so I don't know why its not starting. You could activate SimConnect logging - see this FAQ entry on how to do this: 

With this activated, you should see an entry and hopefully some errors when trying to start FSUIPC7, This is the entry in my SomConnect.log:

0.48165 Exe Launched:  Path="D:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe"  CommandLine="-auto"  Version="7.0.0.4"

You can also go back to the old method of starting FSUIPC7, from the batch file/desktop link. To do this, you need to edit the MSFS.bat file (located in your FSUIPC7 installation folder, C:\FSTools_FS2020\FSUIPC7) and change these lines:

:: wait for MSFS to start (2mins)
::timeout /t %delay% /nobreak > NUL

:: start FSUIPC7
::start "" "INSTDIR\FSUIPC7.exe"

To

:: wait for MSFS to start (2mins)
timeout /t %delay% /nobreak > NUL

:: start FSUIPC7
start "" "C:\FSTools_FS2020\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe"

i.e. uncomment the lines that add the delay and start FSUIPC7, and replace the INSTDIR string with your FSUIPC7 installation folder location.

John