The simFlight Network Forums

"autopilot" panel of FlightsimPM using CJ4...

SirJohn

Hi,
I wanted to know if there is a solution to the CJ4 mod problem using the "autopilot" panel of FlightsimPM.
The events displayed by FSUIPC, in fact, do not allow to set the buttons of APPR, NAV, FLC, VS ...
Thank you very much and congratulations on working with FSUIPC!

Hi SirJohn, i found this file from Mobiflight's discord channel.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jTXlcHaJWx0B7TB63Pmma7bKwpxsxXJO6EJ3ECt7zpc/edit?usp=sharing

There are a sheet called CJ4 Mod in which you can view there are some custom event to fire to use any hw with that mod.

WT_CJ4_AP_NAV_PRESSED
WT_CJ4_AP_APPR_PRESSED
WT_CJ4_AP_FLC_PRESSED
WT_CJ4_AP_VNAV_PRESSED

Maybe fsuipc doesn't match this events.

4 minutes ago, SirJohn said:

I wanted to know if there is a solution to the CJ4 mod problem using the "autopilot" panel of FlightsimPM.

Sorry, I don't know what problem you are referring to or what the 'panel of FlightsimPM' is.

2 minutes ago, asessa said:

Hi Sergio, i found this file from Mobiflight's discord channel.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jTXlcHaJWx0B7TB63Pmma7bKwpxsxXJO6EJ3ECt7zpc/edit?usp=sharing

There are a sheet called CJ4 Mod in which you can view there are some custom event to fire to use any hw with that mod.

WT_CJ4_AP_NAV_PRESSED
WT_CJ4_AP_APPR_PRESSED
WT_CJ4_AP_FLC_PRESSED
WT_CJ4_AP_VNAV_PRESSED

Maybe fsuipc doesn't match this events.

Thats interesting. Is there a WASM module that handles those events (with custom event names containing a period)? If so, an FSUIPC event file (*.evt) can be used to add those events to fsuipc (as with the MobiFlight events/WASM module).
Alternatively, if you know the custom event numbers used, you could try assigning to those as <custom> events.

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

Thats interesting. Is there a WASM module that handles those events (with custom event names containing a period)? If so, an FSUIPC event file (*.evt) can be used to add those events to fsuipc (as with the MobiFlight events/WASM module).
Alternatively, if you know the custom event numbers used, you could try assigning to those as <custom> events.

Hi John i think he doesn't use MF for that panel .

The MF has the wasm module. Maybe the custom events can be a solution, but you have to explain us how 🙂

4 minutes ago, asessa said:

Maybe the custom events can be a solution, but you have to explain us how

You need to know the custom event number. Then use the <custom Control> entry in the assignments control drop-down when assigning.

hi John, thank you for your reply, this is the panel:

https://www.flightsimpm.com/web-store/GA-Autopilot-p234158103

Oooh, that looks nice! Presumably its just another 'button box' though, so your problem is finding a working control for the functions needed.

21 minutes ago, asessa said:

I didn't see the events you posted (such as WT_CJ4_AP_NAV_PRESSED) in that link....? But if they are Mobiflight events and are handled by the MobiFlight WASM module, you could try adding them to an event file, prefixed by 'MobiFlight.', and try them to see if they have any affect.

5 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

You need to know the custom event number. Then use the <custom Control> entry in the assignments control drop-down when assigning.

I didn't see the events you posted (such as WT_CJ4_AP_NAV_PRESSED) in that link....? But if they are Mobiflight events and are handled by the MobiFlight WASM module, you could try adding them to an event file, prefixed by 'MobiFlight.', and try them to see if they have any affect.

Hi John, you have to switch to CJ4 WT Mod sheet to view this events. Maybe from FSUIPC Console i can read it

There isn't a event number in that sheet so i don't know. 

MF event works also without MF installed ?

8 minutes ago, asessa said:

Hi John, you have to switch to CJ4 WT Mod sheet to view this events.

Ah, ok - got it, thanks.

8 minutes ago, asessa said:

Maybe from FSUIPC Console i can read it

Not unless FSUIPC knows about these, e.g. via an event file.

9 minutes ago, asessa said:

MF event works also without MF installed ?

No. The WASM module is needed as that handles the events.

Is it the same WASM module, or do MobiFlight provided different WASM modules for different aircraft/mods? Hopefully the former...

I would initially try adding these to an event file, as I said. I can try this at some point, but it may take me a day or two to get around to this.

Note that some new MobiFlight events (for the A320) have also been reported here: 

53 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Ah, ok - got it, thanks.

Not unless FSUIPC knows about these, e.g. via an event file.

No. The WASM module is needed as that handles the events.

Is it the same WASM module, or do MobiFlight provided different WASM modules for different aircraft/mods? Hopefully the former...

I would initially try adding these to an event file, as I said. I can try this at some point, but it may take me a day or two to get around to this.

Note that some new MobiFlight events (for the A320) have also been reported here: 

Yes i saw that post 😉

For the wasm , if i share wasm module , do you think SirJohn or other can be use it without MF installed?

1 minute ago, SirJohn said:

A big thank you, following the instructions and files sent by Antonio I managed to get the NAV, APPR, FLC and ALT keys to work. Thanks a lot!!! 🙂

To work properly , there is a change in events.txt to do because it doesn't contain CJ4 events (infact into excel they are not released).

Here the 2 files , the events.txt go into mobiflight-event-module\modules under comunity.

CJ4_MF.evt events.txt

• Like 1

A big thank you, following the instructions and files sent by Antonio I managed to get the NAV, APPR, FLC and ALT keys to work. Thanks a lot!!! 🙂

Great! So you are now using the MobiFlight WASM module with the FSUIPC event files?

...ok, I see Antonio posted the files - thanks!

• Like 1