The simFlight Network Forums

-4096 in Offset 0x088C

3 hours ago, carlosheviad@gmail.com said:

If I send a value of -4096 to activate the reversals to offset 0x088C, I see that the value it actually receives is positive 61441, what am I doing wrong?

How are you setting this value? What FS and version of FSUIPC are you using?

And how are you reading the value? The maximum value of a 2byte signed integer is 32767 it looks like you are reading it wrong, maybe as an unsigned integer? The maximum value held in this offset should be +16384 (as described in the documentation).

Thanks Pete for the quick reply
I am programming my cocpit for Prepard 3D V5 with FSuipc 6 with Sioc scripts, the positive values are correctly received, from 0 to 16384, but when passing the negative sign, (if I send -1 it receives 0), (if I send -2 it receives 65535 positives), (- 3 = 65532)
Thanks Pete

7 minutes ago, carlosheviad@gmail.com said:

Thanks Pete for the quick reply

Its John. not Pete...

8 minutes ago, carlosheviad@gmail.com said:

but when passing the negative sign, (if I send -1 it receives 0), (if I send -2 it receives 65535 positives), (- 3 = 65532)

As I said, how are you reading these values? Offset 088C is a 2 byte signed integer, and can therefore only hold values from -32768 to +32767. If you are seeing numbers larger than this, you are reading it as an unsigned 2 byte integer which has a range of 0-65535. You can verify this by logging the offset as both an S16 and an U16 using FSUIPC's offset logging.