The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc7 .bat not runnig

giosuepirozzi

FSUIPC7 is np longer started from the MSFS.bat file, it is started from the MSFS EXE.xml, if you select that option when you install.
What version of FSUIPC7 are you using? The latest version is v7.0.4. If you are not using this, please update.
If you are using this version, and you selected to have FSUIPC7 auto-started with MSFS, you should either see a splash screen when FSUIPC7 is started, or an error message telling you that it cannot be started. If you see neither, then you did not select to have FSUIPC7 auto-started when you installed.

So, please check you version and update if necessary. If you still have issues, please provide more details and, as a minimum, show me you InstallFSUIPC7.log file.

John

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

FSUIPC7 is np longer started from the MSFS.bat file, it is started from the MSFS EXE.xml, if you select that option when you install.
What version of FSUIPC7 are you using? The latest version is v7.0.4. If you are not using this, please update.
If you are using this version, and you selected to have FSUIPC7 auto-started with MSFS, you should either see a splash screen when FSUIPC7 is started, or an error message telling you that it cannot be started. If you see neither, then you did not select to have FSUIPC7 auto-started when you installed.

So, please check you version and update if necessary. If you still have issues, please provide more details and, as a minimum, show me you InstallFSUIPC7.log file.

John

Hi John

thanks for reply.....

this is my file.log

InstallFSUIPC7.log

Your install log looks fine.

What happens when you try to start FSUIPC7? i.e. by double-clicking the FSUIPC7.exe (no need to have MSFS running)
What happens when you start MSFS using the MSFS icon? i.e. how you started MSFS before installing FSUIPC7
What happens if you start MSFS using the FSUIPC7 created desktop icon?

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Your install log looks fine.

What happens when you try to start FSUIPC7? i.e. by double-clicking the FSUIPC7.exe (no need to have MSFS running)
What happens when you start MSFS using the MSFS icon? i.e. how you started MSFS before installing FSUIPC7
What happens if you start MSFS using the FSUIPC7 created desktop icon?

When start icon fsuipc7.bat on desktop....MSFS start and running but fsuipc not running...I must go in fsuipc folder and start manually fsuipc.exe

Ok, so FSUIPC7 starts without a problem, and its only the auto-start that is an issue.

Does MSFS show any message giving an error or exception when started?

Can you attach or paste the contents of this file please:
    C:\Users\Maurizio\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\EXE.xml

John,

I am having the same problem as giosuepirozzi. FSUIPC7 launches fine when double-clicking the FSUIPC7.exe but it won't auto launch when I start MSFS. Attached is my EXE.xml file.  I verified the FSUIPC7 installation path in the EXE.xml and it is correct. Just a side note:  I have seen FSUIPC7 auto launch on the first MSFS start up of the day, but it does not auto launch on any subsequent MSFS startups.  As a followup to your questions asked to giosuepirozzi: I get no errors when launching MSFS using the MSFS icon on the desktop. If I launch MSFS using the FSUIPC7 MSFS icon, it starts MSFS ok but there is still no auto start of FSUIPC7.  I am running the latest version: v7.0.4.

Rick S.

EXE.xml

Edited by ricktana

11 hours ago, ricktana said:

If I launch MSFS using the FSUIPC7 MSFS icon, it starts MSFS ok but there is still no auto start of FSUIPC7. 

And you get no pop-up showing why it can't auto-start FSUIPC7?
Your EXE.xml file looks fine. What was the location of this file, and what type of MSFS install to you have - MS Store or Steam?
For Steam installs, it should be located under
    <USER>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
and for MS Store installs under 
     <USERL>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\
or <USERL>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\
Can you verify the location is correct, and that the same folder contains your MSFS UserCfg.opt file.

14 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Ok, so FSUIPC7 starts without a problem, and its only the auto-start that is an issue.

Does MSFS show any message giving an error or exception when started?

Can you attach or paste the contents of this file please:
    C:\Users\Maurizio\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\EXE.xml

Hi Jhon

When start icon of fsuipc.bat not receive error from MSFS ..... and this is my file EXE.xml

Thanks again

EXE.xml

@giosuepirozzi Your EXE.xml also looks fine. Can you check the location is correct (see my previous comment for details).
If the EXE.xml file is correct, and in the correct location, I do not know why it is not being picked-up by MSFS.
You could go back to the old method of starting FSUIPC7. To do this, open the MSFS.bat file located in your installation folder, and change these lines:

:: wait for MSFS to start (2mins)
::timeout /t %delay% /nobreak > NUL

:: start FSUIPC7
::start "" "INSTDIR\FSUIPC7.exe"

to

:: wait for MSFS to start (2mins)
timeout /t %delay% /nobreak > NUL

:: start FSUIPC7
start "" "C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe"

4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

@giosuepirozzi Your EXE.xml also looks fine. Can you check the location is correct (see my previous comment for details).
If the EXE.xml file is correct, and in the correct location, I do not know why it is not being picked-up by MSFS.
You could go back to the old method of starting FSUIPC7. To do this, open the MSFS.bat file located in your installation folder, and change these lines:

to

oK GO AND change these lines...I will informe you of my progress...

John,

I see no pop up error messages showing why FSUIPC7 doesn't auto-start.  I own the MS Store version.  It is located in the correct location. (C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe) The UserCFG.opt file is also located in the LocalCache folder. If I start MSFS with either the MSFS icon or the FSUIPC7 MSFS icon linked to the MSFS.bat file, it won't auto-start FSUIPC7.

I modified the MSFS.bat file per the instructions you provided to giosue and the auto-start works as it should.  I am not sure why FSUIPC7 wont start via the MSFS EXE.xml. I am content with it working using the modified MSFS.bat file but I am also willing to troubleshoot further if you want to. I have attached a copy of the original, unmodified MSFS.bat and UserCFG.opt files in case that is helpful.  Also the EXE.xml file. Thank you for your support.

Rick S.

MSFS.bat UserCfg.opt EXE.xml

@ricktana Your EXE.xml is correct, and if its in the correct location I have no idea why its not being picked-up by MSFS and used.
I don't have time to investigate MSFS anomalies. sorry. If you want to investigate further, ask on the Asobo forums why the EXE.xml file isn't being picked-up.
Please report back if you find anything.

John