The simFlight Network Forums

PayloadServices WriteChanges no work

Hi. My name is Alex. I am programming a small client in C #. And I found that the PayloadServices WriteChanges function does not work with Airbus models from Aerosoft and models from PMDG. Or, to be more precise, after pressing the "Write New Levels" button, the amount of fuel in the aircraft model does not change. Please tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

13 hours ago, AlexusVirt said:

And I found that the PayloadServices WriteChanges function does not work with Airbus models from Aerosoft and models from PMDG

I suspect those aircraft have their own systems, separate to those inbuilt to P3D. In the Sim do the regular menus for these work with them?

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

I suspect those aircraft have their own systems, separate to those inbuilt to P3D. In the Sim do the regular menus for these work with them?

Yes. I have tested this function only in FSX. And in this simulator, everything works for default aircraft, but does not work for third-party aircraft. I have not tested this function in P3D.

20 hours ago, AlexusVirt said:

And I don't know what to do. And in general, is there anything can do about it?

If third parties create aircraft which have their own systems, and don't provide any sort of facilities to do specific things, then there's not much you can do, really. Maybe there's some local panel variable (L:Var) you can write to, but that would need researching. You could ask on the PMDG support forum -- someone might have solved it. 

You can list current L:Vars and their values by assigning a keypress or button to the FSUIPC control "List Lvars". Look through those to see if there are any relating to the payloads. There's also a plug-in Lua file provided "Log L:Vars" which will log then as they change, so that might make it clearer.

Pete

Hi Alex,

With the PMDG aircraft (and maybe Aerosoft as well), the developers keep track of the fuel in their own code. This is to more accurately simulate fuel flow. They are constantly overwriting the FSX fuel levels with the levels produced from their own fuel simulation. Therefore whatever you write into the fuel offsets gets overwritten. This also happens if you use the FSX fuel menu.

Unfortunately, there is no way around this that I know of.

Paul