The simFlight Network Forums

p3d disappears every flight i edit a profile

p3d 5.1

fsuipc 6.0.1.3 and previous versions

Adding or editing a profile guarantees my p3d randomly disappears, no error messages, no crash logs

This morning I edited a profile , removed filter checkbox for some assigned axis. departed and later p3d disappeared.

if i start another flight, and assign a repaint to an existing profile, same thing happens

If a flight is loaded up and I depart but edit nothing in the fsuipc menu it operates perfect

fsuipc6 is giving me a headache please help. I have tried deleting the ini and starting over.

I have sent you a previous ini file. How am I the only one seeing this? All my fsuipc troubles started the first time I noticed adding a repaint deleted the axis, and the fixes since my p3d has ctd disappeared if I am editing some data in the fsuipc menu.

• B77X changed the title to p3d disappears every flight i edit a profile
4 hours ago, B77X said:

Adding or editing a profile guarantees my p3d randomly disappears, no error messages, no crash logs

Is there still a p3d process running, or has it crashed? And this happened when using P3D, nit FSUIPC (ie. when flying not in the FSUIPC dialog)? You must at least have am FSUIPC6.log - can you attach that? Also your ini.

4 hours ago, B77X said:

if i start another flight, and assign a repaint to an existing profile, same thing happens

If a flight is loaded up and I depart but edit nothing in the fsuipc menu it operates perfect

Ok, so this only occurs when you add a new aircraft to an existing profile (using the UI), and then start a flight? And this same thing happened in previous versions (i.e. not new to 6.0.13)?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 2:40 AM, John Dowson said:

Is there still a p3d process running, or has it crashed? And this happened when using P3D, nit FSUIPC (ie. when flying not in the FSUIPC dialog)? You must at least have am FSUIPC6.log - can you attach that? Also your ini.

Ok, so this only occurs when you add a new aircraft to an existing profile (using the UI), and then start a flight? And this same thing happened in previous versions (i.e. not new to 6.0.13)?

It did it again, 30 minutes into a new flight assigning a 737 profile to a new repaint

the sim quickly disappears with no messages

I will PM you my log and ini file

it started when the axis disappearing when creating a profile or adding a repaint to a profile started. 2-3 versions ago?

and I do the flight over, after restarting my computer, the flight works perfectly no sim CTD

1 hour ago, B77X said:

I will PM you my log and ini file

No point in doing this each time this occurs - they show nothing.
I will look and see if I can reproduce when I get time, but this will be low priority. As you are using an add-on aircraft, especially PMDG, I first need to see if I can reproduce with a default aircraft.

However, you shouldn't need to be continually assigning new repaints of the same aircraft to a profile. Edit your ini and give a shorter/substring name for the aircraft in the profile, one that matches the aircraft with different liveries, i.e. change this:

[Profile.B747]
1=PMDG 747-8F AirBridgeCargo VQ-BLQ
2=PMDG 747-400F Asiana Cargo (HL7420 | 2011)
3=PMDG 747-400F China Airlines Cargo (B-18717 | 2018)
4=PMDG 747-400F Asiana Cargo (HL7419 | 2011)
5=PMDG 747-83Q(F) Qatar Air Cargo A7-BGA
6=PMDG 747-83Q(F) Qatar Air Cargo A7-BGB
7=PMDG 747-400F ASTRAL AVIATION TF-AMU
8=PMDG 747-8F AirBridgeCargo VQ-BVR (Pharma)

to this:

[Profile.B747]
1=PMDG 747

and

[Profile.B737]
1=PMDG 737-900ERNGXu BW Malindo Air (9M-LNK | 2019 )
2=PMDG 737-900ERNGXu BW Malindo Air (9M-LNH | 2019 )
3=PMDG B737-800NGXu BW REX (VH-RQC | 2020)
4=PMDG B737-800NGXu BW Qantas (VH-VXP | 2003) 75th Transpacific Crossing Decals

to

[Profile.B737]
1=PMDG 737
2=PMDG B737

etc

Could you also check the event viewer and show me the contents when you get a CTD. I'm also a bit confused as to when the crash is occurring - is it always during a flight and after you have edited a profile? And is it any change to the profile or just when you add a new aircraft to a profile?
And have you noticed this with any other aircraft or profiles other than your PMDG ones?

24 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Could you also check the event viewer and show me the contents when you get a CTD. I'm also a bit confused as to when the crash is occurring - is it always during a flight and after you have edited a profile? And is it any change to the profile or just when you add a new aircraft to a profile?
And have you noticed this with any other aircraft or profiles other than your PMDG ones?

No changes to profile. Open FSUIPC after loading in at gate. check box and assign the existing B737 profile. Close FSUIPC. start flight. Randomly 30 minutes -1 hr into flight, p3d disappears. Did flight again 3 hrs no crash after restarting pc. I will check event viewer when I get back home.

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

No point in doing this each time this occurs - they show nothing.
I will look and see if I can reproduce when I get time, but this will be low priority. As you are using an add-on aircraft, especially PMDG, I first need to see if I can reproduce with a default aircraft.

However, you shouldn't need to be continually assigning new repaints of the same aircraft to a profile. Edit your ini and give a shorter/substring name for the aircraft in the profile, one that matches the aircraft with different liveries, i.e. change this:

to this:

and

to

etc

Thank you for the tip. I did not know about that shortening the title name.