The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with version 7.0.7

jaxx

I have two problems in version 7.0.7:

1. Some functions are not working when FSUIPC is started when the flight is already loaded.
    For example axes are no longer processed (I can monitor the axes changes in the assignment window, but in normal usage nothing is sent to the sim).
    Maybe this has something to do with this from the change notes: update to starting/stopping [Auto] luas: now started when ready-to-fly
    As I can see the ready-to-fly flag is false/no when starting FSUIPC after the flight has loaded. Though the problem I have is with axes, not with lua.
  2. In Log->Offsets... I can no longer change the type. I can select any type, but it reverts back to "S8" when clicking OK.

Edit:
Just to clarify, I didn't have the problems in the last version (I think I had 7.0.6 before) and the 7.0.8 beta seems to have the same problems.

Same effect after switching aircraft through the aircraft selector while FSUIPC is running. When I don't start a new flight, no axes work.

Edit:
And the offset logging seems to be a problem when saving from the GUI, when I edit the type in the FSUIPC.ini directly it stays that way, until I do a save in the Log->Offsets dialog, then it reverts back to S8.

10 hours ago, jaxx said:
  1. In Log->Offsets... I can no longer change the type. I can select any type, but it reverts back to "S8" when clicking OK.

Yes. This was a fix in FSUIPC6 that I copied across to 7, and released in a bit of a rush and didn't test. properly...Sorry about that, I will correct.

10 hours ago, jaxx said:

For example axes are no longer processed (I can monitor the axes changes in the assignment window, but in normal usage nothing is sent to the sim).
Maybe this has something to do with this from the change notes: update to starting/stopping [Auto] luas: now started when ready-to-fly
As I can see the ready-to-fly flag is false/no when starting FSUIPC after the flight has loaded. Though the problem I have is with axes, not with lua.

Ok, I'll look into this.

32 minutes ago, jaxx said:

Same effect after switching aircraft through the aircraft selector while FSUIPC is running.

Is that from the dev menus? I haven't tried this... Was it previously working? I will also take a look at this....

John

4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Ok, I'll look into this.

Thank you :)

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

Is that from the dev menus? I haven't tried this... Was it previously working? I will also take a look at this....

Yes, that's from the dev menu. I just added it because I thought that selecting a plane there might cause MSFS to trigger the ready-to-fly state again, but it doesn't seem so.

@jaxx Please try the attached version, although I haven't tested a plane switch.
Its still v7.0.7 unfortunately, but with a build date of 19/03/2021, as I released the 128 button support update as v7.0.8a.
I'll revise this tomorrow and release this as v7.0.8, and merge these changes into the 128 button support release and re-release that as 7.1.0a, but tomorrow or Sunday now.

If you could test this before then, that would be good, Thanks,

John

FSUIPC7.exe

40 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

If you could test this before then, that would be good, Thanks,

Have tested both issues and they are fixed for me!
Also I can confirm that setting the transponder code via offset now works again. I assume that was already fixed in the original version, but I didn't get to testing it until now.

Thank you very much!

Jan