The simFlight Network Forums

Introducing Pilot's Deck, a StreamDeck Plugin

Fragtality

Well don't know anything about that StreamDeck Feature.

The Profile Switching Feature of PilotsDeck uses Sub-String Matching.
So if you map "C414" to one of the StreamDeck Profiles (that is entering that Term in the Profile Switcher Action to any Textbox there), a match is considered found for any active FSUIPC Profile that contains "C414".

• 1 month later...

*Version-Bump*

Versions 0.7.11:

• Installer: added Argument to disable MSFS Checks
  • Installer: "Pump" Check improved ( #33 )
  • Installer: Updated Dependencies to the latest available Versions
  • Fix for Calculator L-Var Template not working with L-Vars ending on L
  • Improved Calculator L-Var Template and Value Manipulator: An additional Reset Value can be configured. When the Variable is equal to the defined Limit it will be set to the Value of Reset
  • Updated to StreamDeck SDK 6.1 (now the new Minimum)
  • Updated Libraries
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Fragtality said:

Versions 0.7.11:

I am a bit confused on how the setup for the Default Profile works.

My understanding is in the picture below, I would type in my preferred default profile in the box labeled Default Name. Currently this box has a profile you provided called PilotsDeck-DefaultPlus. Do I have to use that name or can I use a name I make up myself? In other words, does each type of Stream Deck have a fixed default profile name?

What gets entered in the next box below the Default Name box -- can it be one or more FSUIPC profile names for aircraft that you want to use with the default profile (i.e., similar to what you can do for the other non-default profile boxes below)?

Thanks,

Al

image.png.5376c78f0e924891f021c9bd550c5b51.png

Looking at some of your Questions, it would be advisable if your read about it first under Advanced Topics.

An own custom Default Profile needs also to be installed through StreamDeck like every other Profile too. Then, theoretically, it should be possible that you enter your custom Profile there. Given you had enabled the Checkbox.

What is the Motivation in the first Place anyway? You could just configure/customize the installed Default Profiles to your Needs.

Note: I would advise you to make a Backup of your Profiles (including the Defaults when changed) when playing around with that Feature.

3 hours ago, Fragtality said:

Looking at some of your Questions, it would be advisable if your read about it first under Advanced Topics.

I have read through that section multiple times, thus my questions. And I do understand I can customize the default profiles with the names you have already provided. I'm just trying to understand how it all works.

And was I correct that what goes in the box below the Default Name box would be FSUIPC aircraft profile names (or substrings of the profile names) that you want the default profile to apply to?

Thanks,

Al

1 hour ago, ark1320 said:

And was I correct that what goes in the box below the Default Name box would be FSUIPC aircraft profile names (or substrings of the profile names)

No. 
What goes below "Default Name" is the Path and Name to the StreamDeck Profile to be loaded when no match to a FSUIPC Aircraft Profile could be found. Hence it is Default.
IF the Checkbox "Use Default" is enabled. Otherwise it will switch nothing when there is no Match.

The FSUIPC Aircraft Profile's Name goes in the Box below your custom Profiles - so PilotsDeck knows when it should be loaded.

2 hours ago, Fragtality said:

No. 
What goes below "Default Name" is the Path and Name to the StreamDeck Profile to be loaded when no match to a FSUIPC Aircraft Profile could be found. Hence it is Default.
IF the Checkbox "Use Default" is enabled. Otherwise it will switch nothing when there is no Match.

The FSUIPC Aircraft Profile's Name goes in the Box below your custom Profiles - so PilotsDeck knows when it should be loaded.

Ah, yes, I see now, makes good sense. So if the name of my default profile was Default AC AP I would enter something like this in that box:

C:\Users\Al\Documents\Al's Flight Simulation\MSFS 2020\StreamDecks\PilotsDeckProfiles\Default AC AP

Thanks for the help!

Al

12 hours ago, ark1320 said:

So if the name of my default profile was Default AC AP I would enter something like this in that box:

C:\Users\Al\Documents\Al's Flight Simulation\MSFS 2020\StreamDecks\PilotsDeckProfiles\Default AC AP

Nope, that it also incorrect ^^
First, it need to be forward slashes.
Second, I left the Path-Prefix in the GUI too differentiate more clearly that you are entering a StreamDeck Profile (File) Name in there and not a FSUIPC Profile Name. Did not work out well in your Case 😅

It is not a Sign that you would have freedom of Choice here.
The Default Profile, like any other (StreamDeck) Profile, has to be installed through StreamDeck when PilotsDeck should be able to switch to it.
That is a Limitation of the StreamDeck API/Software. Plugins are not allowed to switch Profiles, except the ones which come with the Plugin. So we need to "trick out" the API in believing your Profiles came with the Plugin.

So it is the same Workflow as with your other Profiles:
- You have to place your "Default AC AP" Profile in the Profiles Subdirectory
- You have to run import
- You have to (re)install all Profiles
- Then you could enter "Profiles/Default AC AP" as the new Default-Profile (for the given SD Type)

3 hours ago, Fragtality said:

Nope, that it also incorrect ^^

😟 Sorry for dragging this out.

Just seeing an actual filled in example will clear things up for me. So if I were to use your PilotsDeck-DefaultPlus profile as my default profile, exactly what would the entry in the second box below look like if my Profiles Subdirectory with the PilotsDeck-DefaultPlus profile is located at:

C:\Users\Al\Documents\MSFS 2020\StreamDecks\PilotsDeckFiles\com.extension.pilotsdeck.sdPlugin\Profiles

image.png.759ab1ab31c0e98b79526b5fcbd51818.png

BTW, I don't see anything in your PilotsDeck instructional ReadMe that address the path entry and format needed in the second box above when setting up a default profile.

Thanks for the help,

Al

2 hours ago, ark1320 said:

BTW, I don't see anything in your PilotsDeck instructional ReadMe that address the path entry and format needed in the second box above when setting up a default profile.

Only partly true:

image.thumb.png.1aac3627f35437c0693928ebbc6d6f25.png

2 hours ago, ark1320 said:

Just seeing an actual filled in example will clear things up for me. So if I were to use your PilotsDeck-DefaultPlus profile as my default profile, exactly what would the entry in the second box below look like if my Profiles Subdirectory with the PilotsDeck-DefaultPlus profile is located at:

Yeah, it is a bit of an oversight on my Part tbf, that I did not filter out the Default Profiles there.
Since they use the same Mechanic and have the same Requirements to to be "switchable", they are also listed with the other "buildin" Profiles there. So you could theoretically also map FSUIPC Profiles to that Profile. (Can't remember - maybe I deliberately did not filter them out to allow for greater flexibility)

8 minutes ago, Fragtality said:

Yeah, it is a bit of an oversight on my Part tbf, that I did not filter out the Default Profiles there.

Since they use the same Mechanic and have the same Requirements to to be "switchable", they are also listed with the other "buildin" Profiles there. So you could theoretically also map FSUIPC Profiles to that Profile. (Can't remember - maybe I deliberately did not filter them out to allow for greater flexibility)

Please, for my example above, show me the entry you would type in the second box above to assign the PilotsDeck-DefaultPlus profile as the default profile.

Al

16 minutes ago, Fragtality said:

Nothing.

OK, What confused me was above when talking about the second box you said "What goes below "Default Name" is the Path and Name to the StreamDeck Profile to be loaded when no match to a FSUIPC Aircraft Profile could be found. Hence it is Default."

So I thought I had to enter a path to the profile  in the second box.  So only the first box with the default profile name needs to be filled in.  Thanks for you patience.

Al

The second Box is not titled "Default Name" 😅

Tbf I never had much Focus on this Default-Functionality since I had the Focus on implementing something that can switch to the fitting Profile for the current Plane. To have it fallback to some Default was just something I added along the Way.

Looking at it now, there are certainly some Edges that could be polished. Alone having a dedicated Default Profile in the first Place is a bit redundant and thus confusing. All (imported) Profiles are equal in the End so the Profile with "Default" in its Name could be used for one specific Plane where else a Profile "GA Planes" could be set as Default.
So I think in the Future I get rid of these empty Default Profiles and the Need to configure it by Filename. Some sort of Checkbox beside each imported Profile to mark that it as Default does the same Thing and should be easier to configure

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

*Version-Bump*

Version 0.7.12 Released.

Installer:

• Improved: UI does not hang while doing the Installation Steps
  • Added: Automatically installs/updates .NET 7 and MobiFlight WASM Module

Plugin:

• Improved: Continuous Input (e.g. turning an Encoder) does not block the Displays being updated
  • Changed: Poll-Time decreased to 100ms (the Plugin will poll the Sim / update the Displays more often)
  • Libraries Updated
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ark1320 said:

I just wanted to confirm I updated PilotsDeck correctly.

Al

Hmm, that is something you don't need to worry about when using the Installer 😉

But now you know when you want be extra sure 😅