The simFlight Network Forums

dead time between throttle and throttle controls (joystick)

target11

Hello

sorry for my English

send direct to FSUIPC calibration (normally I take this configuration)

in this configuration, the throttle control moves at the same time as the throttle (joystick)

send to FS as normal axis

in this configuration the throttle control starts to move when the throttle (joystick) and is 1/3 of its course, so there is a timeout between the throttle control and the throttle (joystick).

In this configuration, is there a way to make both move at the same time

cordially

Hello
if I take the "THROTTLE 1_AXIS_SET_EX1" configuration for the example, I have the impression that on the warthog hotas, from -16384 to 0 on this configuration is provided for the reverses, and from 0 to 16383 it is planned to put the throttle, because the throttle in the simulator only starts to move from 0 on the hotas, but I'm sure I'm wrong.
my question is that we can configure the axis so that -16384 becomes 0 without programming because I don't know anything about it, or is that the function "THROTTLE 1_AXIS_SET_EX1" has been done in the same way by asobo and we can not do anything ?
thank you for your answers
cordially

On 3/19/2021 at 1:03 PM, target11 said:

send direct to FSUIPC calibration (normally I take this configuration)

in this configuration, the throttle control moves at the same time as the throttle (joystick)

send to FS as normal axis

in this configuration the throttle control starts to move when the throttle (joystick) and is 1/3 of its course, so there is a timeout between the throttle control and the throttle (joystick).

In this configuration, is there a way to make both move at the same time

I don't know - did you try calibrating? You can still calibrate if sending to the FS as normal axis, but that may have issues with priorities, but that only usually affects detailed add-on aircraft that implement their own subsystems. You can try it, but really assigning direct to FSUIPC calibration (and calibrating) is the way we recommend and should be tried first. Why do you not want ti use this?

3 hours ago, target11 said:

if I take the "THROTTLE 1_AXIS_SET_EX1" configuration for the example, I have the impression that on the warthog hotas, from -16384 to 0 on this configuration is provided for the reverses, and from 0 to 16383 it is planned to put the throttle, because the throttle in the simulator only starts to move from 0 on the hotas, but I'm sure I'm wrong.
my question is that we can configure the axis so that -16384 becomes 0 without programming because I don't know anything about it, or is that the function "THROTTLE 1_AXIS_SET_EX1" has been done in the same way by asobo and we can not do anything ?

This can be done via calibration, not programming.  You need to assign and calibrate in a manner that works for the loaded aircraft. Also, if its aircraft specific, berrer to assign and calibrate in a profile.

J0hn 

Hello
thank you for your reply,
I had already had a problem with a32nx until I read this.
I don't have any mods, but people have told me that the FBW listens for certain simulator events instead of axis variables.
I'm not really sure, but you should try these events
ELEVATOR_SET
AILERON_SET
RUDDER_SET
THROTTLE1_SET
THROTTLE2_SET

so you are right that developers implement their own subsystems.
the "send direct to FSUIPC calibration" function works very well on MSFS 2020 planes, but not on certain add-ons such as the a32nx or the crj
For the "THROTTLE 1_AXIS_SET_EX1" function, when I configure the axes it takes -16384 until 16383, on this page I don't think I can calibrate the axes.
On page 3 of the Joystick Calibration tab, I can't calibrate absolutely anything even if I check the "Map to 4 Throttle" box on page 1 of the Joystick Calibration tab.

cordially

On 3/20/2021 at 7:23 PM, target11 said:

I don't have any mods, but people have told me that the FBW listens for certain simulator events instead of axis variables.
I'm not really sure, but you should try these events
ELEVATOR_SET
AILERON_SET
RUDDER_SET
THROTTLE1_SET
THROTTLE2_SET

so you are right that developers implement their own subsystems.

You can assign an axis to these controls using 'Send to FS as normal axis'. If you do this, also check and remove any calibration as well.

On 3/20/2021 at 7:23 PM, target11 said:

but not on certain add-ons such as the a32nx or the crj

Yes, its a know issue with some add-ons. For throttle configuration in the CRJ with FSUIPC, please see this post:

Hello,

thank you for your answer
Jaxx post on the crj i tried it, but it gives me the same. The throttle control on the simulator starts to move from 0, so I have a 1/3 of the hotas throttle control from -16384 to 0 which is not used.
cordially

10 hours ago, target11 said:

Jaxx post on the crj i tried it, but it gives me the same. The throttle control on the simulator starts to move from 0, so I have a 1/3 of the hotas throttle control from -16384 to 0 which is not used.

You could try scaling the input axis values instead - see page 38 of the Advanced User Guide. Basically assign to the THROTTLE 1_AXIS_SET_EX1 control, then edit the ini to add the following to your the axis assignment:
        ,*0.5, +8182

That should then scale from (-16384, 16384) to (0, 16384).

I am also going to look into providing support for the _EX1 controls via direct to FSUIPC calibration. I will look into adding a new ini parameter that will switch the throttle calibration controls to use the _EX1 versions.  

• Thanks 1

Hello
thank you for your reply
indeed that was the solution thank you very much
I changed the throttle axes (hotas warthog)
3 = CZ, 256, F, 67110,67124,0,0       - {TO SIM: THROTTLE2_AXIS_SET_EX1, THROTTLE4_AXIS_SET_EX1} -
4 = CR, 256, F, 67103,67117,0,0       - {TO SIM: THROTTLE1_AXIS_SET_EX1, THROTTLE3_AXIS_SET_EX1} -

by

3 = CZ, 256, F, 67110,67124,*0.5,+8192       - {TO SIM: THROTTLE2_AXIS_SET_EX1, THROTTLE4_AXIS_SET_EX1} -
4 = CR, 256, F, 67103,67117,*0.5,+8192        - {TO SIM: THROTTLE1_AXIS_SET_EX1, THROTTLE3_AXIS_SET_EX1} -

afterwards he tries to add 0,0 but works perfectly

3=CZ,256,F,67110,67124,0,0,*0.5,+8192       -{ TO SIM: THROTTLE2_AXIS_SET_EX1, THROTTLE4_AXIS_SET_EX1 }-
4=CR,256,F,67103,67117,0,0,*0.5,+8192       -{ TO SIM: THROTTLE1_AXIS_SET_EX1, THROTTLE3_AXIS_SET_EX1 }-

for the a32nx without * 0.5, + 8192 works fine now

2=CZ,256,F,67110,67124,0,0    -{ TO SIM: THROTTLE2_AXIS_SET_EX1, THROTTLE4_AXIS_SET_EX1 }-
3=CR,256,F,67103,67117,0,0    -{ TO SIM: THROTTLE1_AXIS_SET_EX1, THROTTLE3_AXIS_SET_EX1 }-

thanks again

cordially