The simFlight Network Forums

Updated List of Controls/Events?

pilotjohn

I recently noticed that ENGINE_MASTER_1_TOGGLE is available in the UI, but not listed in documentation (offsets or controls/events). Are there updated docs or a way to get the full list?

This was a very useful addition (I don't know when it happened), that allows toggling the engine master on airplanes like DA62 (works) and DA40 (also tested and works).

• pilotjohn changed the title to Updated List of Controls/Events?
13 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

I recently noticed that ENGINE_MASTER_1_TOGGLE is available in the UI, but not listed in documentation (offsets or controls/events). Are there updated docs or a way to get the full list?

The full list is generated for you when you run MSFS with FSUIPC7. The latest version I have was generated (in my Documents\FSUIPC7 folder) and includes:

67059   ENGINE_MASTER_1_SET
67060   ENGINE_MASTER_2_SET
67061   ENGINE_MASTER_3_SET
67062   ENGINE_MASTER_4_SET
67063   ENGINE_MASTER_1_TOGGLE
67064   ENGINE_MASTER_2_TOGGLE
67065   ENGINE_MASTER_3_TOGGLE
67066   ENGINE_MASTER_4_TOGGLE

Mind you, I am using the very recently released Beta version 7.1.0a, but I don't think it would be any different from the current latest release.

The document to look for is called Controls List for MSFS Build 999.txt, but they also should be in the drop-down button assignmernts list.

Pete

Thanks, I'll check it out. How/when are new controls added? Also, could this drop-down be made searchable (although with this generated list that's less needed)?

Do they automatically get an offset, and how would I know where to read their status?

1 hour ago, pilotjohn said:

Also, could this drop-down be made searchable

Drop-downs are part of the standard Windows dialogue system. All you need to do it type the first few letters and the list will move there.

1 hour ago, pilotjohn said:

Do they automatically get an offset

No. Controls are Events -- they are requests / commands to be sent to the Sim. Offsets are data repositories. They are not controls! Many but not all events will result in a change in the data being received. If you know what your control is supposed to do look for the evidence of it.

39 minutes ago, pilotjohn said:

I downloaded and used the latest beta you mentioned, but I don't have an FSUIPC7 folder generated in my Documents.

As with FSUIPC6 before it, all of the FSUIPC7 document are automatically placed in a folder in your C:\Users\<user name>\Documents folder named after the version -- i.e. FSUIPC6 or FSUIPC7.

The latest Beta is not supplied with an Installer, just a replacement DLL, so, of course, it relies on you having actually installed FSUIPC7 before. If you've never used the FSUIPC7 installer you are missing quite a lot of things!

Pete

Further to my last replay, when you said:

3 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

I don't have an FSUIPC7 folder generated in my Documents.

so, I ask you, please, where did you find the documents you referred to before:

21 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

I recently noticed that ENGINE_MASTER_1_TOGGLE is available in the UI, but not listed in documentation (offsets or controls/events).

Those documents would have been installed in your Documents\FSUIPC7 folder, so your answers seem rather inconsistent and therefore puzzling. Perhaps you could elaborate?

Not that, unlike the Installed documents, the controls list text file is generated when FSUIPC7 + MSFS are run.

Pete

I installed FSUIPC in C:\MSFS Stuff\FSUIPC7

In that directory there's a FSUIPC6 Documentation folder, which has the PDFs I mentioned.

That folder does not have this generated text file.

And there's no FSUIPC7 folder my Document folder.

I'll try to reinstall and see what happens. This was a partial rsync/copy from my old MSFS PC.

43 minutes ago, pilotjohn said:

I installed FSUIPC in C:\MSFS Stuff\FSUIPC7

In that directory there's a FSUIPC6 Documentation folder, which has the PDFs I mentioned.

That folder does not have this generated text file.

And there's no FSUIPC7 folder my Document folder.

I'll try to reinstall and see what happens. This was a partial rsync/copy from my old MSFS PC.

That was the issue. I guess if the folder doesn't already exist, it won't be created. Reinstall (and creating that folder) fixed it. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Drop-downs are part of the standard Windows dialogue system. All you need to do it type the first few letters and the list will move there.

Right, and that works (I've used it), but you can't for example search for "ign" to find controls that have "ignition" in them unless it's the beginning. 

The text file with the list works fine.