The simFlight Network Forums

Using FSUIPC with X-56 throttle. The slide switch is not detected.

Stevan

18 minutes ago, Stevan said:

Try to configure the switch using button press in FSUIPC, but its not detected. Is this a known issue?

It probably has a button number > 31.  You don't say which version of FSUIPC you are using, but if its FSUIPC6 or FSUIPC7, I have just released a beta version with support for up to 128 buttons: please see 

Otherwise, you would need to use a lua script to map those buttons to virtual buttons. You can use the example HiDDemo.lua provided for this, or, probably better, adapt one of the Aha or Bravo lua scripts for your device (by changing the Vendor and Producr ids), which are available from the User Contributions section.

• 8 months later...

I just had the same Probleme with version 7.2.13 and also tried an older Beta 7.2.2c with the same Probleme. Don you have a fix or can you give me a link to the newest Beta, i cant find one?

I do know it has to do with since the button is number 33 or so

max allowed AlsoManage ini parameter entries increased from 32 to 64

But that should have been resolved by the Beta

Thank you in advance,

Christian

13 hours ago, Christian Glaeser said:

I just had the same Probleme with version 7.2.13 and also tried an older Beta 7.2.2c with the same Probleme. Don you have a fix or can you give me a link to the newest Beta, i cant find one?

There is no 'newest Beta' - this topic is over 8 months old! FSUIPC7 has native support for up to 128 buttons since the release of v7.1.0 back in May

13 hours ago, Christian Glaeser said:

max allowed AlsoManage ini parameter entries increased from 32 to 64

But that should have been resolved by the Beta

I do not understand what you mean by this...

Could you please clarify what your issue actually is and provide the necessary files. Are you saying that your button number 33 is not recognised by FSUIPC?
If not, can you check that you have the following parameter in the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file:
    EnableExtraButtons=Yes
Any further issues, please explain what the issue is and also show me you FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files.

John

14 hours ago, Christian Glaeser said:

The sliding button is not working.

So you do not see a button number in the assignments panel when you slide that button? You should only see a number when you slide in one direction - I have the X55 and its registered as button no. 134 here. Can you also try the 3 position mode switch - thus is seen (X55) as buttons 31, 132 and 133.

if not, you could try adding the following to the [General] section of your FSUIPC6.ini, but it really shouldn't be necessary:
    EnableExtraButtons=Yes

John

8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

So you do not see a button number in the assignments panel when you slide that button?

That is the problem, i don't

try the 3 position mode switch

Sadly did not work, tried all 3

EnableExtraButtons=Yes

Yup, was always on

The sliding button is detected by the x56 software and by MSFS but not by FSUIPC, but the slider did work some time ago, i have also tried the old software, where it did work but without luck.

Best regards,

Christian

1 hour ago, Christian Glaeser said:

The sliding button is detected by the x56 software and by MSFS but not by FSUIPC

Make sure you are not running the x56 software if/when using FSUIPC.
Also, if you installed any saitek drivers, try uninstalling those and let windows install the default ones instead. The saitek software and drivers are known to give issues.

Regards,

John

12 hours ago, Christian Glaeser said:

Just tried uninstalling the software and the Drivers but it doesn't seem to change.

Ok. This is very strange. Is this a new issue or have buttons those buttons never been recognised by FSUIPC?
You could try the 'old' method of using such buttons (ie. those outside the 32 button limit), which is using the lua com library.
An example script id provided in the Example LUA plugins.zip, called HidDemo.lua.

But I do not know what could be causing your issue. If windows can see those buttons, then so should FSUIPC.
You could also try the HiDScanner program, to see if that recognises those buttons. available from here: 

John