The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS + FSUIPC7 + AEROSOFT CRJ + MOBIFLIGHT

zorzini

Dear friends,
I'm trying to set my autopilot panel for using with Aerosoft CRJ via FSUIPC7 7.0.8 and Mobiflight.

For that I (and a friend of mine more experienced with) trying to write a ASCRJ.lua file including few LVARS for testing.

First step we will test the APPR led on state by using Offset 0x6800

We do not undestand why at simulator and FSUIPC7 launch in fsuipc7.log appears this error and lua macro does not operate:

246266 *** LUA Error: D:\MSFS_Mobiflight\FSUIPC7\ASCRJ.lua:44: attempt to call field 'Lvar' (a nil value)

The error line is the first line in AUTOPILOT OUTPUTS in ASCRJ.lua
event.Lvar("ASCRJ_FCP_APPR_LED", lvps, "ASCRJ_FCP_APPR_LED") -- (enum) | offset = 0x6800  | type = int | size = UB, 1  | mask = 0xFF

if I remark this line in ASCRJ.lua the error comes at next line:
event.Lvar("ASCRJ_FCP_BC_LED", lvps, "ASCRJ_FCP_BC_LED") -- (enum) | offset = 0x6801 | type = int | size = UB, 1  | mask = 0xFF

Just verified the local variable name ASCRJ_FCP_APPR_LED

Also we suspect a syntax error but we dont know what.

If possible could You please take a look at the attached files (ASCRJ.lua, CRJ-LVARS.txt, FSUIPC7.ini, FSUIPC7.log) and supply me a suggestion ?

Thanks in advance

ASCRJ.lua CRJ-LVARS.txt FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

There is currently no lvar support in FSUIPC7. This is documented in many places!
I recently released a WASM + API + test client for lvar/hvar support - see 

I am currently working on integrating this new API into FSUIPC7, to provide access to both lvars and hvars.
Until that is released, you cannot use the lvar functionality in FSUIPC7 (it has been removed , hence the error) and should use  MobiFlight directly for accessing lvars.

3 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

There is currently no lvar support in FSUIPC7. This is documented in many places!
I recently released a WASM + API + test client for lvar/hvar support - see 

I am currently working on integrating this new API into FSUIPC7, to provide access to both lvars and hvars.
Until that is released, you cannot use the lvar functionality in FSUIPC7 (it has been removed , hence the error) and should use  MobiFlight directly for accessing lvars.

A lot of thanks for very quick replay. We spent only half day with tests before ask You.
Bye