The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG offset for chronometer and ET

Good day.

So far my entire flight simulator works very well with FSUIPC.
Recently I have designed the Boeing 737 NGX (PMDG) chronometer for my simulator and the UTC time displays nice on my 7 segment display.
But I have not been able to find the offset setting for the ET display.

For the UTC time I have used 023B for hour and 023C for minute, it works great.
But I have not found anything for the ET display. What is the offset value for this part?

Do you have a clue what that might be or how to setup that?
There is no information in the offset guide for the 737 in the SDK library.

2 hours ago, sebpil said:

Recently I have designed the Boeing 737 NGX (PMDG) chronometer for my simulator and the UTC time displays nice on my 7 segment display.
But I have not been able to find the offset setting for the ET display.

Does the PMDG have its own clock, or are you referring to the default sim facilities?

2 hours ago, sebpil said:

For the UTC time I have used 023B for hour and 023C for minute, it works great.
But I have not found anything for the ET display. What is the offset value for this part?

The default clock is a self-contained gauge which just reads that same time as you. If you are programming your own clock you'd need to do the same yourself, including acting on the buttons to start the ET and timer modes and so on. Subtracting the time at which the button was pressed to start it from the current time will give you the Elapsed Time. This is how i've programmed the clocks in my cockpit.

There's a possibility that the on-screen clocks may have L:Vars for the various displays and modes, but I don't know. You'd need to list them and see. I don't use PMDG models.

Pete

Thank you for your reply.

Well I have asked the PMDG team as well if they have the offset setting for this.
The buttons are no problem they work great as they should, the only problem is to get the ET on the display I have made. UTC time is no problem. Just the output for the ET that I cannot find.

So far everything works very well and no problems with my simulator with all instruments working very well. It is actually only this display that I do not have figured out how to get on my 7 segment display. Everything else works perfectly and never had any problems for the past year and have been flying my sim about 500 hours now.

Hope the PMDG team can give me some answers to this minor problem.
Have a great week!