The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse Macro button being pushed in, but not coming back

Hey Hey,

I'm having a little problem over here. P3Dv4 & FSUIPC6. When I press key combination assigned to a mouse macro function (i.e. ctrl+z for AP disengage button), the button presses in, but it doesn't come back out. I have to click it with my mouse and only than it comes back to normal position. Am I doing something wrong in settings? I'm attaching link to video I captured showing the problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmZ2piDR0zI

Regards

25 minutes ago, Piotrek201 said:

When I press key combination assigned to a mouse macro function (i.e. ctrl+z for AP disengage button), the button presses in, but it doesn't come back out. I have to click it with my mouse and only than it comes back to normal position.

You most likely need to add a mouse button release code. Can you show me your macro file please.

5 hours ago, Piotrek201 said:

Now all the macro isn't working. All the switches are changed. I.e. something that used to be eng 1 cutoff now serves as RTE DATA button 

I don't understand that! All that I changed in your macro file was this line:
    5=AP Disc=RX4000018d,3
to
  5=AP Disc
  5.1=RX4000018d,3
  5.2=RX4000018d,13
i.e. I added a left button mouse release to your AP Disc mouse macro. This cannot/should not affect your other macros....

Please check that nothing else has changed, then activate logging for events (non axis controls) and buttons & switches, and generate a log file when you try to activate your your mouse macros. Then show me that log file together with your ini file.

I'ce created a whole new macro for 757 and made the same change as you did.

My macro looks now like this:

[Macros]
1=AP Disengage
1.1=RX4000001d,3
1.2=RX4000001d,13

And again the same happend - when I press the combination the button doesn't even click. Just like it's not that button. After your edit, macro for AP disengage button on yoke became WX Radar switch. After my edit I can't even say what button have it bacame now

1 minute ago, Piotrek201 said:

I'ce created a whole new macro for 757 and made the same change as you did.

You are confusing me now. Was this before or after you said the macro wasn't working? Can you please just follow my instructions and report back.

I cannot help you if you are not showing me the information I need:

32 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

activate logging for events (non axis controls) and buttons & switches, and generate a log file when you try to activate your your mouse macros. Then show me that log file together with your ini file.

Also, please check if anything else has changed. If you go back to your original macro and configuration, does that still work?

7 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Was this before or after you said the macro wasn't working?

After the macro taht you've sent me didn't work (all actions were changed) I've simply deleted it and created a brand new one and edited it in the same way you did. Again all action were totally mixed up.

10 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Also, please check if anything else has changed. If you go back to your original macro and configuration, does that still work?

After reverting back to how the macro file looked before (1=AP Disengage=RX4000001d,3) making the changes, macro works as it worked at the beggining - it's mapped to the right cockpit button.

Also I attatch 2 log files. One is made when macro is without any changes (button doesn't come back) and one is with macro edited the way you showed before.

FSUIPC6 after edit.log

I still need to see your FSUIPC6.ini file...I cannot help you if you do not show me this. I need to see your FSUIPC6.ini file with each log file - please remember this. 

Are you assigning a button to a key press, and then that key press to a mouse action? Seems a very strange thing to do - why don't you just assign your button to the mouse macro?

Your 'after edit' log shows the single mouse click:
   493547 [Buttons] 2=P2,1,K90,10
   493547 SendKeyToFS(0002005A=[ctl+Z], KEYDOWN) ctr=0
   493547 Sending WM_KEYDOWN, Key=17 (Control) (Scan code 29), Ctr=2
   493563 Sending WM_KEYDOWN, Key=90 (Scan code 44), Ctr=1
   493594 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65708 (0x000100ac), Param= 78928 (0x00013450) NAV1_RADIO_SET
   493594 KEYDOWN: VK=17, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=2
   493594 .. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS
   493594 KEYDOWN: VK=90, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=2
   493594 Macro: mouse action OK: Rect X4000001d, Action 3 (LeftSingle)

and your 'before edit' log shows the release was added:
  1148609 [Buttons] 2=P2,1,K90,10
  1149734 KEYDOWN: VK=17, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=2
  1149734 .. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS
  1150109 KEYDOWN: VK=90, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=2
  1150109 Macro: mouse action OK: Rect X4000001d, Action 3 (LeftSingle)
  1150109 Macro: mouse action OK: Rect X4000001d, Action 13 (LeftRelease)

29 minutes ago, Piotrek201 said:

After reverting back to how the macro file looked before (1=AP Disengage=RX4000001d,3) making the changes, macro works as it worked at the beggining - it's mapped to the right cockpit button.

But that is not the original macro you showed me! That was:

[Macros]
1=ENG 1 Idle=RX40000224,3
2=ENG 1 Cutoff=RX40000224,3
3=ENG 2 Idle=RX40000225,3
4=ENG 2 Cutoff=RX40000225,3
5=AP Disc=RX4000018d,3
6=A/T Disc=RX4000022b,3
7=TOGA=RX4000022a,3

So, I am confused as to what you are telling me and what you are showing me.

I would like you to go back to your original macro and show me a log file with that working, and also the macro file AND your FSUIPC6.ini file.

Then, make the changes I suggested, repeat the test, and then show me those same three files.

All I suggested to you was to add a mouse release code to a macro. In no way should this affect anything but the macro you have altered. You seem to be changing too many things. Please follow my instructions if you would like me to help you.

Also, please see the Advanced User guide to try to understand what I suggested: see P37 (Multiple actions in one macro control) and the mouse flags on P38.
Sometimes, with mouse macros, you have to play around with the mouse flags (and use multiple actons) to get them working correctly.

Are you assigning a button to a key press, and then that key press to a mouse action? Seems a very strange thing to do - why don't you just assign your button to the mouse macro?

Yes I do it this way (mostly because in planes like PMDG i only use buttons and switches + key assigment to function in plane's FMC). Although I tried assigning button directly to macro action - effect was still the same. 

But that is not the original macro you showed me! That was:

So, I am confused as to what you are telling me and what you are showing me.

Yes Sir, it's not. That's because I've deleted it and created a new one, that contains only this single action, that's why it looks different then the first one, but the action is still the same button. I'll than revert to the very first macro I've showed you. 

You seem to be changing too many things. Please follow my instructions if you would like me to help you.

I've only changed one thing - Added two separate actions to the function - LeftSingle and LeftRelease.

Below I'm attatching my .ini, .log of very first macro before you edited it, .log of macro after you edited it, and the macro file that I used at first

CS B757 original macro.MCRO CS B757 your edited macro.MCRO FSUIPC6 log with your edited macro.log FSUIPC6 original macro.log FSUIPC6.ini

Your ini file has two [MacroFiles] sections! How did this happen? This section is automatically generated and should not be manually edited...

And the macro files have different index numbers in each section, so it is difficult to determine which macro file will actually be used.

You need to remove one of those [MacroFile] sections, and then review your assignments to the macro files and make sure that they have the correct index (for the macro files they are using). Remove the one with the least number of entries.

Once that has been done, please  re-test.

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Your ini file has two [MacroFiles] sections! How did this happen?

That's probably a leftover after a prevous 757 macro I had some time ago

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Once that has been done, please  re-test.

No difference after deleting the section you've said to delete. 

And one more thing I have to mention, 757 isn't the only plane with macro created that has this problem. Exactly the same thing occures with other planes i.e. JustFlight's BAe 146. It's the same situation as the 757. None of the button comes back. And with the 757 it's not only AP button issue, but also A/T Disc button on throttle handles or TOGA switches on throttle levers 

5 minutes ago, Piotrek201 said:

And one more thing I have to mention, 757 isn't the only plane with macro created that has this problem. Exactly the same thing occures with other planes i.e. JustFlight's BAe 146. It's the same situation as the 757. None of the button comes back. And with the 757 it's not only AP button issue, but also A/T Disc button on throttle handles or TOGA switches on throttle levers 

I really don't understand this.... Are you saying that changing a macro used in one aircraft affects the way a different macro works in another aircraft? That really isn't possible.... And are you also saying that everything was working except for the issue you mentioned (button staying pushed-in) but with that minor change to one macro on one macro file, this stops all your macros working in that file and also other macros in different files used by different aircraft?

Just now, John Dowson said:

I really don't understand this.... Are you saying that changing a macro used in one aircraft affects the way a different macro works in another aircraft?

No, I'm saying that 757 isn't the only aircraft where the button not coming back problem occurs. Making changes with 757 doesn't affects i.e. JF's BAe, although I just wanted you to know, that my initial problem (of a button beeing stuck in) was occuring in different planes, with differen macros.

Right now I'm making a log for you 

Right, um... The method of "If you can't repair it get a new one" worked. I guess my .ini was too messed up to handle it. After clean reinstall of the whole FSUIPC along with creating new .ini and new .mcro solved problem. I really appericiate your time and will to help John! Thank you a lot 😄 P.S. with clean ini and mcro, adding:

1=AP Disc
1.1=RX4000001d,3
1.2=RX4000001d,13

did it's job. Everything works!

Cheers!

14 minutes ago, Piotrek201 said:

Here you go.

Was this test with your original or updated macro? Either way, it is now showing an error:

234532 Macro: mouse action Failed: Rect X40000087, Action 1 (RightSingle)

And why is this now a right single click? And the rectangle ID (X40000087) is different from what was previously used (X4000018d) so it again looks like something else has changed....Have you changed the macro file again? I need to see your files each time they have changed otherwise I have no idea what is going on....

Also, I can see that you have various 757s assigned to the profile:

[Profile.B757]
1=CS 757-251 Northwest Airlines 2006
2=757-200 Northwest Airlines - N535US (Bowlingshoe)
3=757-200 AMERICAN AIRLINES N702TW
4=757-200 Northwest Airlines - N545US
5=757-200 American Airlines ETOPS Winglets

A couple of things here... First, you are better off using substring matches, so you can re-write that as:

[Profile.B757]
1=CS 757-251
2=757-200

But another issue is that the mouse macro rectangle IDs may change for different aircraft. They are generally the same if its just a different livery, but they may change between the 757-251 and 757-200. You need to check this and if the rectangles IDs are different, you need to create separate profiles.

1 minute ago, Piotrek201 said:

Right, um... The method of "If you can't repair it get a new one" worked. I guess my .ini was too messed up to handle it. After clean reinstall of the whole FSUIPC along with creating new .ini and new .mcro solved problem. I really appericiate your time and will to help John! Thank you a lot 😄 P.S. with clean ini and mcro, adding:

1=AP Disc
1.1=RX4000001d,3
1.2=RX4000001d,13

did it's job. Everything works!

Ah, ok. Glad its now working at least. Its really quite a simple change and shouldn't have caused so many issues, and I don't really understand why it did...

My theory is that te .ini was just too messed up. I was editing it manually while switching from FSUIPC5 to 6. I copy-pasted some entries from 5's .ini to 6's ini (just to skip reassigning and reconfiguring it again). I guess I just f***ed it up and here we have a result. Once again, thanks a lot for you time!

Cheers