The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 7 with HOTAS X56

waqar_mw

1 hour ago, Helibrewer said:

To expand on this a bit. The X56 Throttle has a 3-position Mode switch. In FSUIPC, Mode 1 is read as B,14...Mode 2 as B,15...Mode 3 as B,16. I have also found that occasionally when switching from one mode to the other, they can be read as A,133; A,134; A,135 respectively. This seems random and I haven't figured out why yet.

Are you using one of the FSUIPc7 betas? If so, this has support for outside the 32 button range, and button 32 is shown as 132, 33 as 133, etc. If you previously useda lua to access buttons > 32, they will be using the button flags, and if still running the lua you will see two button presses (but the virual devive for the virtual buttons should be 64 or above....). I don't know why thwy aee showing as 'B', which is a normal device letter. Maybe show me your FSUIPC7.ini and an FSUIPC7.log and I'll rake a look.

1 hour ago, Helibrewer said:

Anyway I would like to use flags for these modes so I can have any button perform 3 different functions depending on which of the modes flag is set. When FSUIPC and the sim first start I assume FSUIPC has no idea which position the Mode switch is in, so I am thinking I need to move the Mode switch out of it's current position after start-up and into (or back into) the position I want to use, and have that action set the selected position flag, and clear the other 2 flags. After that, any movement of the Mode switch would perform that same function each time (set current position flag, clear the other 2 flags).

Does this make sense? Is there a more efficient way to do this?

You don't need to do it this way. You can use compound button conditions. Please see the Advanced user manual. There are also many other support requests on using the mode switch in the X56 (and other devices) - if you have issues, try looking for one of them first.

28 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Are you using one of the FSUIPc7 betas? If so, this has support for outside the 32 button range, and button 32 is shown as 132, 33 as 133, etc. If you previously useda lua to access buttons > 32, they will be using the button flags, and if still running the lua you will see two button presses (but the virual devive for the virtual buttons should be 64 or above....). I don't know why thwy aee showing as 'B', which is a normal device letter. Maybe show me your FSUIPC7.ini and an FSUIPC7.log and I'll rake a look.

You don't need to do it this way. You can use compound button conditions. Please see the Advanced user manual. There are also many other support requests on using the mode switch in the X56 (and other devices) - if you have issues, try looking for one of them first.

I am using FSUIPC7, Version 7.1.0f.

Flight sim is FS2020

I do not use any lua files.

The Mode dial is located on the X-56 throttle (JoyName: 0, A)

Reading through the Advanced manual seemed to indicate flags were the direction to go. The Mode "switch" is a 3-position rotary dial(M1, M2, M3) so there is no "un-pressed" state, it is always in one of those three positions.

If the dial is in position M1 when I start the flight sim, no buttons or axis have been manipulated, does FSUIPC know the what position the dial is in?

I have not tried any programming using the Mode dial because I wanted to understand how FSUIPC interprets a dial position first.

I will continue to look through threads here but none have helped so far in my understanding. 

FSUIPC7.ini

47 minutes ago, Helibrewer said:

I have not tried any programming using the Mode dial because I wanted to understand how FSUIPC interprets a dial position first.

As far as FSUIPC is concerned, the mode switch is just another button. Each position is a read as a button press (held), and I don't think they emit a release (at least not in my X52).

As I have said, how to use the mode switch on the X56 has been asked many times before. Its pretty straightforward - please check existing posts on this topic.

50 minutes ago, Helibrewer said:

Not according to the log file you attached - thats from 7.0.5a, a very old version. Please check and update if needed.

52 minutes ago, Helibrewer said:

Is it? But previously you said it was mainly on B, but occasionally on A:

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Mode 1 is read as B,14...Mode 2 as B,15...Mode 3 as B,16. I have also found that occasionally when switching from one mode to the other, they can be read as A,133; A,134; A,135 respectively.

I don't understand how it can do this, unless you have installed the saitek drivers and/or software. If so, best to remove and just use the standard windows drivers (and no saitek software). The Saitek ones are known to cause issues and best not to use.

I got it sorted. I don't know why the ini doesn't update that line but my log file shows 7.1.0f

The JoyName assigned 0 and A to the throttle. It assigned 1 and B to the Stick, at least according to the ini file. Why buttons pressed on the Throttle (A) map to (B) I have no idea but they do and it works.

Here is my solution that works:

M1 = B,14

M2 = B,15

M3 = B,16

To program FLAPS_DOWN using button B,2 on the Stick when Mode 2 is active (M2) on the Throttle:

53=CP(-B,16)(-B,14)B,2,C65603,0     -{FLAPS_DOWN}-

And this works, the FLAPS_DOWN button press only works if the Mode Switch is in position M2. B,2 only works if B,16 AND B,14 are NOT pressed.

On to more complex things now....

Thanks for your assistance

Mike

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini

12 hours ago, Helibrewer said:

I don't know why the ini doesn't update that line but my log file shows 7.1.0f

Don't worry about this - it looks like its not updating anymore. I will look into it.

Why buttons pressed on the Throttle (A) map to (B) I have no idea but they do and it works.

Me neither, unless you are using Saitek drivers and/or software.

To program FLAPS_DOWN using button B,2 on the Stick when Mode 2 is active (M2) on the Throttle:

53=CP(-B,16)(-B,14)B,2,C65603,0     -{FLAPS_DOWN}-

Rather than specifying the condition as M! off and M3 off, can't you just use M2 on:
    53=CP(+B,15)B,2,C65603,0     -{FLAPS_DOWN}-
?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Helibrewer said:

Flight sim is FS2020

I do not use any lua files.

Reading through the Advanced manual seemed to indicate flags were the direction to go. The Mode "switch" is a 3-position rotary dial(M1, M2, M3) so there is no "un-pressed" state, it is always in one of those three positions.

If the dial is in position M1 when I start the flight sim, no buttons or axis have been manipulated, does FSUIPC know the what position the dial is in?

I will continue to look through threads here but none have helped so far in my understanding. 

FSUIPC7.ini 4.79 kB · 2 downloads

I know this forum is just for support for fsuipc but I am currently using Linda to use the mode switches each mode switch acts a shift key basically and each toggle on the HOTAS can be used as 3 different functions then depending on the position of the mode switch. The only reason I used Linda is because it has an easy to use interface and does not take much of learning to get used to the software. But you can do the same thing with FSUIPC too using compound actions, it is a bit of a long process but once set up correctly it would work without any issues at all. 

Regards

Waqar

• Like 1

3 hours ago, waqar_mw said:

I know this forum is just for support for fsuipc but I am currently using Linda to use the mode switches each mode switch acts a shift key basically and each toggle on the HOTAS can be used as 3 different functions then depending on the position of the mode switch. The only reason I used Linda is because it has an easy to use interface and does not take much of learning to get used to the software. But you can do the same thing with FSUIPC too using compound actions, it is a bit of a long process but once set up correctly it would work without any issues at all. 

Regards

Waqar

I want to look into this, what software do you use for Linda?

Cheers,

Mike

5 hours ago, Helibrewer said:

I want to look into this, what software do you use for Linda?

Cheers,

Mike

Use Linda with FSUIPC and it will work great there are some posts on linda forum you can have a look for them and you can write lua scripts too.