The simFlight Network Forums

mixture toggle

Greetings.

A buddy of mine is in need of a toggle mixture perameter for his setup. We made his rig work by using the fuel valve toggle, but they default to open even if the flight is saved. I hope that an FSUIPC button perameter might help with this. Even if it does'nt it would help with my start sequence as well.

Thank you, Chris.

A buddy of mine is in need of a toggle mixture perameter for his setup. We made his rig work by using the fuel valve toggle, but they default to open even if the flight is saved. I hope that an FSUIPC button perameter might help with this. Even if it does'nt it would help with my start sequence as well.

Sorry, I don't understand. What's a "toggle mixture parameter?".

There are 4 standard mixture controls in FS, other than the analogue axis ones. These are Mixture idle cut off (Ctrl+Shift+F1), Mixture Full Rich (Ctrl+Shift+F4), and the INC and DEC ones (Ctrl+Shift+F3 and F2, respectively). I've no idea what a "toggle" action would do, nor really why you'd want one.

Please explain a bit more so I can understand.

Regards,

Pete

Greetings.

What I am looking for is a button perameter labled toggle mixture like toggle alternator or toggle taxi light. This just would make it easyer to program our start sequence with less buttons and switches. Switching from full lean to full rich with a toggle mixture with one key.

Thank you, Chris.

What I am looking for is a button perameter labled toggle mixture like toggle alternator or toggle taxi light. This just would make it easyer to program our start sequence with less buttons and switches. Switching from full lean to full rich with a toggle mixture with one key.

Mixture is not at all like an alternator switch or a light switch. It has a full range of values.

If you mean a fuel switch for Jets, then a toggle switch will do the trick. Just program it to send "Full Lean" when turned off, and "Full Rich" when turned on. You can do that with one toggle switch in FSUIPC's buttons page.

If you only have a momentary push button, then you can still do it but it means editing FSUIPC.INI. You can toggle a button flag (Button Flag Toggle) when it is pressed, and make the "Full Lean" or "Full Rich" action depend on the Flag state, so it does the two things alternately. Check the FSUIPC Advanced User's documentation.

Regards,

Pete