The simFlight Network Forums

Restoring Undocked Windows in MSFS

LeoSchoonbroodt

Hi Pete/John,

Do you know if it is possible to readout the position and size of undocked windows with lua and then store it and restore them on a new startup, so to make this persistant?

I looked in the lua library but are not able to find it, maybe i am overlooking it or it is indeed not possible.

Thanks for your time and the great program.

20 hours ago, LeoSchoonbroodt said:

Do you know if it is possible to readout the position and size of undocked windows with lua and then store it and restore them on a new startup

What 'undocked windows' are you referring to? It is nor possible to control the positioning of MSFS windows. There are also issues with the SimConnect text display facilities in MSFS. If you are using the lua Wnd library, these windows can be initially positioned and then moved/resized as needed. The size/coordinates are stored in your FSUIPC7.ini and will be re-used the next time the window is displayed.

Thanks, John,

Yes I was refering to the undocked Instrument windows of MSFS.

For FSX there was a program Simtimizer that could do this but that doesn't work anymore for MSFS.

That's why i wondered if it maybe could be done with lua, but could not find anything about it in the lua-library docs.

Would not give up wihout asking the expert though.

Thanks for the nice program especialy the WASM extension of the beta is very useful.

Regards, Leo