The simFlight Network Forums

offset 0E0E not working? A320 ND range and mode (ARC, NAV, LOC, etc)

bob barrell

• John Dowson changed the title to offset 0E0E not working?

First, please give your post an appropriate title, relating to your issue, not your name. I have updated it for you this time.

4 minutes ago, bob barrell said:

I am looking for the nd range and arc knobs I have seen the code as 0E0E but it's in blue and I cant seem to get it to work is there a reason it's in blue

You are looking at the offset status document. For FSUIPC7, this is old/out-of-date, and must be read in conjunction with the offset status spreadsheet that is included in the zip you downloaded. If you take a look at that spreadsheet, you will see these offsets are in red, i.e. not working.

They are not working as they were populated from lvars in previous versions of FSUIPC. Even though we now have access to lvars in MSFS (via the v7.1.0 beta currently available and soon to be released officially), they won't be the same lvars as for other FSs.
If there are lvars available with the information you need, you could try reading the lvar directly (using the latest beta), or have a simple lua script that writes the lvar value to a user offset for you to read.

I've attached the latest offset spreadsheet for you.

offsetStatus-v0.18.ods

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

First, please give your post an appropriate title, relating to your issue, not your name. I have updated it for you this time.

You are looking at the offset status document. For FSUIPC7, this is old/out-of-date, and must be read in conjunction with the offset status spreadsheet that is included in the zip you downloaded. If you take a look at that spreadsheet, you will see these offsets are in red, i.e. not working.

They are not working as they were populated from lvars in previous versions of FSUIPC. Even though we now have access to lvars in MSFS (via the v7.1.0 beta currently available and soon to be released officially), they won't be the same lvars as for other FSs.
If there are lvars available with the information you need, you could try reading the lvar directly (using the latest beta), or have a simple lua script that writes the lvar value to a user offset for you to read.

I've attached the latest offset spreadsheet for you.

offsetStatus-v0.18.ods 64.5 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks for your quick reply reading through your comments the nd knob and arc knobs are unavailable for access at the moment which is a shame as I  building the autopilot panel using rotary switches and arduino the last part of your reply is double Dutch to me with lvars etc .I am 70 and out of touch with these thanks bob

52 minutes ago, bob barrell said:

reading through your comments the nd knob and arc knobs are unavailable for access at the moment

Not necessarily...

52 minutes ago, bob barrell said:

the last part of your reply is double Dutch to me with lvars etc .I am 70 and out of touch with these

Well, if you are building your own AP panel, then that would be the difficult part (for me at least!).
Lvars are not difficult to use, and I can help you using those or getting the values into offsets, if available.  Which aircraft (and mod, if applicable) are you using? 

48 minutes ago, bob barrell said:

I am using the default A320 neo in msfs2020

5 hours ago, bob barrell said:

I am looking for the nd range and arc knobs

Ok. Then we need to find if there are any lvars that control this. First, you need to download and install the latest beta of FSUIPC7 that has access to lvars, available here:

Then you need to determine the name of the lvars that control the nd range and arc. For the mode itself, I think this is held in the lvar A320_Neo_MFD_NAV_MODE_1 (or possibly A320_Neo_MFD_NAV_MODE or A320_Neo_MFD_NAV_MODE_2 - you can try them all), with values:
    0: LS
    1: LOC
    2: NAV
    3: ARC
    4: MAP

For the range, try A320_Neo_MFD_Range_1 (and also A320_Neo_MFD_Range and A320_Neo_MFD_Range_2), with values:
    0: 10 nm
    1: 20 nm
    2: 40 nm
    3: 80 nm
    4: 160 nm
    5: 320 nm
First try downloading the beta and see if you can see these and change their values by using the Add-ons->WASM Set Lvar / List Lvars menu entry.
Once you have found the lvars that you need, I can help you use those either directly in lua or use lua to put the value of the lvars in a free user  offset for you to use as needed (for read purposes). To update, you need to either use an lvar macro or again a lua script, which I can also help you with.

26 minutes ago, bob barrell said:

sorry to be a pain but i am already lost, i have downloaded and installed the latest fsuipc7 and the wasm module but where do i go to find the A320_Neo_MFD_Range_1 etc

In the Add-ons menu, you should see a WASM entry. Under that, you first need to Enable (you only need to do this once). Then the other menu entries should be available, which let you explore (list, set, etc) lvars. Best to have you plane loaded and 'ready-to-fly) before you start experimenting. The menu entries under the WASM menu are just for exploring/testing. Once you tried some and found the ones you need, I can show you how to add them to offsets or use them in assignments.

• John Dowson changed the title to offset 0E0E not working? A320 ND range and ARC

thanks i got it working now the new wasm didnt overight the old one in community the only mfd's are

A320_Neo_MFD_NAV_MODE = 3.000000
A320_Neo_MFD_Range = 0.000000
A320_Neo_MFD_ScreenLuminosity = 1.000000
A320_Neo_MFD_State = 2.000000

000: H:A320_Neo_MFD_BTN_CSTR_1
001: H:A320_Neo_MFD_BTN_WPT_1
002: H:A320_Neo_MFD_BTN_VORD_1
003: H:A320_Neo_MFD_BTN_NDB_1
004: H:A320_Neo_MFD_BTN_ARPT_1

011: H:A320_Neo_MFD_BTN_CSTR_2
012: H:A320_Neo_MFD_BTN_WPT_2
013: H:A320_Neo_MFD_BTN_VORD_2
014: H:A320_Neo_MFD_BTN_NDB_2
015: H:A320_Neo_MFD_BTN_ARPT_2
016: H:A320_Neo_MFD_BTN_TERRONND_1

couldnt find any thing with rose/arc attached

17 minutes ago, bob barrell said:

couldnt find any thing with rose/arc attached

I thought you wanted to control the mode and the nd range, which are, as I said earlier:

15 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Then you need to determine the name of the lvars that control the nd range and arc. For the mode itself, I think this is held in the lvar A320_Neo_MFD_NAV_MODE_1 (or possibly A320_Neo_MFD_NAV_MODE or A320_Neo_MFD_NAV_MODE_2 - you can try them all), with values:

For the range, try A320_Neo_MFD_Range_1 (and also A320_Neo_MFD_Range and A320_Neo_MFD_Range_2), with values:
    0: 10 nm
    1: 20 nm
    2: 40 nm
    3: 80 nm
    4: 160 nm
    5: 320 nm

otherwise please explain in more detail what you are trying to do. What do you mean by 'arc knob', and what does it do? I though that ARC was a nav mode, not a knob...
I am not that familiar with the A320, or airliners in general, so you have to give more detail and explain what you are trying to achieve. What does the 'arc knob' actually do/change in the FS?

i have the A320_Neo_MFD_NAV_MODE = 3.000000 where do i go from there

i am trying to access the "select rose/arc mode" and "select ND's maximum range" on the autopilot panel to avoid having to use a mouse i have accessed most of the other switches apart from those two

thanks for your time

i am not sure if this available at the moment i run the fsuipc7 console log and the select rose arc and set nd distance dosnt appear in the log but the other switches do 

ie 6083797 event cntrl =66288 (0x000102f0 param1 (0x000000001) toggle flight director but nothing appears for those other 2 switches

1 hour ago, bob barrell said:

i have the A320_Neo_MFD_NAV_MODE = 3.000000 where do i go from there

Go to the Add-ons -> WASM->Set lvar... menu option. Then select that lvar from the drop down, and try changing its value to one of the following:

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Then try the same with A320_Neo_MFD_Range (again, using the values I posted earlier).

What we are trying to achieve at the moment is to determine which lvars you need. So test them, to see if those are the ones you require.

19 minutes ago, bob barrell said:

am not sure if this available at the moment i run the fsuipc7 console log and the select rose arc and set nd distance dosnt appear in the log

But it won't appear in the log if controlled by and lvar - that is events being logged. As I said, when you select 'rose arc', you should list the lvars again and see which lvar has changed, it won't be logged as an event if not controlled by an event.

i have a break through i have changed the value of A320_Neo_MFD_NAV_MODE = 4.000000 its now changed from 3 to 4 and when i set lvar the instument changes how do i assign a rotary switch from this lvar i use mobiflight 

sorry to be such a pain but computer programming is a litle above my head once i have done i am ok 

37 minutes ago, bob barrell said:

i have a break through i have changed the value of A320_Neo_MFD_NAV_MODE = 4.000000 its now changed from 3 to 4 and when i set lvar the instument changes how do i assign a rotary switch from this lvar i use mobiflight 

If you want to assign in MobiFlight, then you need to go to MobiFlight support. I do not use MobiFlight (excpet the WASM, occasionally) and cannot adivise on how to assign using MobiFlight.

To assign in FSUIPC, you can do this in two ways.

1. Using a macro file
To use this method, create a macro file (e.g. A320.mcro) in your FSUIPC7 installation folder and add the following content:

[Macros]
1=L:A320_Neo_MFD_NAV_MODE=Set

You can then assign your button/rotary to this, with the parameter indicating the mode, so assign to that for each "button" on your rotary with the appropriate parameter.

2. Using lua
There are various ways to do this in lua.  You could have an event.button call whose event function writes the value to the lvar. However, it may be easier (for a novice) to just have a simple script (e.g. mfdNavMode.lua that simply uses ipc.writeLvar to update the lvar with the provided (global) parameter. 

I can explain further if you assign in FSUIPC, but if you are assigning in MF, probably better to talk to MF support directly, either via their forums or Discord server (e.g. https://discord.com/channels/608690978081210392/749561530672087091)

11 minutes ago, bob barrell said:

I can try to assign it in fsuipc thanks

Ok, then try creating the A320.mcro file, as advised. Then go into your button assignments and click 'Reload all buttons'. That should pick up the .mceo file (if created while FSUIPC7 was running - if you started FSUIPC7 AFTER creating this file, it should already be recognised).

Then if you turn you rotary, you should see each rotary position recognised as a button press. If you don't see your rotary buttons, I think you will need to use MobiFlight (or the lua com library....), If you do, you can assign to that lua script, and give the parameter for each button press that indicates the mode you would like to set with that button.

4 minutes ago, bob barrell said:

I told you were talking to a computer dummy so where do I create this macro file please

I have already told you:

25 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

1. Using a macro file
To use this method, create a macro file (e.g. A320.mcro) in your FSUIPC7 installation folder and add the following content:

i.e. the folder in which you installed FSUIPC7, where the FSUIPC7.exe is located...