The simFlight Network Forums

LVAR access with FSUIPC 7.1.0

Hello,

is it now possible read LVARs via old method 

I don't know, sorry. I don't use FSUIPC7 so I'm not following it's development. I can only suggest trying it.

If John has added LVAR access via offset 0x0D70 then the ReadLVar() method will just start working again.

I remember you having problems with MSFSVariableServices. Have you given up with it?

John is upgrading his WASM API soon which will allow me to make considerable improvements to MSFSVariableServices. Mainly, it will let you know when the LVars are ready to read (so no more waiting random seconds) and also it will move to a purely event-driven model. i.e. No need for RefreshData() anymore. Hopefully this will solve the problems people are having with timings and variable discovery.

Paul

• 1 month later...

ReadLVar() method works with latest fsuipc version (7.2), as long as wasm is installed and activated. No wasm, no ReadLVar() and that creates a paradox since there are no such restrictions in fsuipc 5/6.

I'm wondering if there's a way to seperare offset 0x0D70 from wasm in fsuipc7.

I'm wondering if there's a way to seperare offset 0x0D70 from wasm in fsuipc7.

I don't think so. When you use offset 0x0D70 in FSUIPC7 it has to get the data from the WASM module. There's no where else to get it. Previous versions of flight sim had other ways (e.g. Panels.dll) but those methods don't exist in MSFS. 

I think I read somewhere that the WASM module is installed by the FSUIPC7 installer, so installing the WASM module shouldn't present any particular issues.

Paul